The Mold Repair Technician / Mold Maker’s primary responsibility is to support the Royalton Molding operation by troubleshooting, diagnosing and making repairs to injection molds. The position also requires training the Mold staff in general maintenance and repair.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot molds, process and press issues to determine root cause of problems
- Replace and fit parts of molds, components, accessories, and support equipment as needed
- Repair, adjust, and modify molds to address production issues and engineering changes
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance on molds
- Utilize trade skills as appropriate including welding, polishing, and machining
- Oversee and train Mold Maintenance personnel as needed
- Perform all proper tests to assure tool correctness including water, electrical, and missing component checks
- Assure that molds are completed on time and without error
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience building components for and assembling injection molds
- Physically able to bend, squat, twist, climb, push/pull, reach and lift up to 50lb.
- Experience with proper fitting of slides, lifters and hydraulic actions in two-shot, over mold and insert molding tool applications
- Strong mathematics skills
- Good knowledge of machine tool operation including, Lathe, mill and surface grinder
- Knowledge of injection molding mold repair and basic understanding of process and presses
- Must follow all safety procedures and maintain 5S in the workspace