Product Manager, Home Software
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 15, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200311312
At Apple, we don't just create products. We create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. Join the team that dreams up what's next, and that does everything necessary to make it happen. We believe in the power of combining product management and product marketing together - that the best person to communicate why a product is meaningful to consumers and developers is the same person that helped drive its creation. Bring your passion, dedication and focus, and help invent the future! We are looking for an experienced and brilliant Product Manager to join the Home Software Product Marketing team. As a Product Manager at Apple, you will serve as the customer voice during product development, helping define new features that will shape the future of the home, and will also be responsible for leading the launch story, deliverables and speaking to media about why your products matter. You'll apply your judgment and customer insights to help infuse ideas for groundbreaking products and features for the home. In doing so, you'll collaborate with a wide range of global teams that may include Human Interface, Engineering, PR, Developer Relations, Legal, and Marketing Communications. Together, we will guide a product vision from a fragile idea to the world-class product our customers expect from Apple. Are you passionate about creating compelling products and ready to join an amazing team? Then we want to hear from you!
- 7+ years Product Management/Product Marketing experience having led at least one entire product development cycle from concept to introduction.
- Experience with consumer software products and technologies for software platforms is strongly preferred.
- Experience and ability to synthesize technologies into product communication for broad audience including customers, media, analysts, and leading industry specialists.
- Requires best-in-class oral and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated success as a product spokesperson on a national or global level.
- Track record of working closely with cross-functional teams to define product strategy and roadmap, craft positioning, and define marketing activities.
- A self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
- Results-oriented, driven, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
As a member of the Worldwide Home Product Marketing team, you will be deeply involved in the definition of the Home roadmap, and development and launch of future features. You will play an instrumental role on the team that includes writing product and marketing requirements documents, collaborating with engineering to investigate new technologies, and being the voice of the market to Apple during the development phase. Leading up to launch, you will define product positioning and key product messages, craft product messaging briefs, guide marketing communications on the creation of product launch materials, and act as a product spokesperson in press briefings and public events. This role requires an excellent understanding of technology, consumer AV solutions and media industry trends. You will have expert knowledge of competitive and third-party products, and collect global customer, developer, and partner requirements for future product development. You are comfortable with complex and ambiguous problems and situations, and adept at identifying a project's risks. You will manage trade-offs involving features, schedule, cost, line positioning, and lifecycle management. You love using your creative and critical thinking to craft solutions for resolving issues quickly. Working with multiple internal and external partners, you are adept at quickly gaining their respect and support, and consistently demonstrate extraordinary marketing expertise, attention to detail, objectivity, and accountability.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree in marketing/business/engineering, MS/MBA preferred.
- Position to be based in Santa Clara Valley, CA.