Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 15, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200311529
Marcom is Apple's Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple's advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We represent the voice of Apple and offer you the opportunity to do the best work of your career-and have it seen by the millions of people. A Technical Artist combines both visual and technical skills to deliver 3D visual and/or tooling solutions for AR/VR, interactive and installation projects. You will work with Art Directors, Product Designers, Creative Technologists and cross-functional teams on high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest technologies to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. Working with a variety of cross-functional teams, we bring together design, experience, and technology to deliver 3D/AR/VR experiences alongside a world-class group of creatives.
- 7+ years of experience working in creative/video game/agency environments.
- A portfolio demonstrating experience with 3D disciplines (AR/VR, video games, installations, motion graphics, creative coding).
- Strong knowledge of shading, lighting, rendering and/or tooling, 3D and/or game engine pipelines (Blender, Maya, Houdini, Unity, Unreal, etc).
- Experience developing performant, reusable shaders, materials and visual effects for realtime 3D applications.
- Experience developing performant, reusable DCC/game engine tools, content pipelines and interactive frameworks/applications.
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: C#, Swift, Objective-C, C/C++, Python.
- Experience with computer graphics (OpenGL, Metal, etc).
- Experience with native iOS/macOS development is a plus.
- Strong commitment to explore and learn new technologies, and unafraid to be out of your comfort zone.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Able to collaborate, multitask, and work within deadlines. You thrive in a creative and dynamic work environment.
The Technical Artist is a hybrid visual and technical expert who liaises between designers, artists, creative technologists and engineers to create and optimize our visual/technical workflows and solutions. You will collaborate with a diverse team of technical and creative individuals on 3D, AR/VR and interactive projects utilizing a combination of emerging technologies to achieve industry -leading levels of performance, realism and art direction. You will be responsible for developing performant, reusable and scalable visual/tooling solutions that overcome technical challenges, enabling the team's creative vision to be realized and increasing efficiency across the studio.
Education & Experience
BA/BFA/BS in 3D/Video Game Design/Development, Computer Science, Digital Media or equivalent industry experience.