Senior Manager, Regulatory Policy and Government Affairs
Washington DC , District of Columbia , United States
Posted: Nov 16, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200312484
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Senior Manager will help lead Apple's government affairs engagement with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and other telecommunications policy entities, and will also generally monitor and engage on regulatory issues across several agencies. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of how telecommunications and spectrum policy making works, and a broad understanding of the larger regulatory landscape on issues important to Apple.
- Deep experience on the range of telecommunications and spectrum issues important to Apple, and expertise on working in the regulatory space. Experience working with international bodies and relevant non-governmental organizations is also desirable.
- General understanding of the regulatory process, and experience working with other regulatory and oversight agencies (e.g., OMB, OIRA) is also important.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to concisely summarize policy issues and advocacy points.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous work environment and lead change laterally across organizations using influencing skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter who must enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Teammate with a strong willingness to pitch in as necessary.
Design and implement an engagement plan with the FCC, working with both internal and external partners. Develop and maintain relationships with key offices and individuals within the FCC and other key agencies. Effectively communicate policy priorities to key partners and provide feedback to internal teams. Draft policy and background materials for relevant meetings and engagement. Develop relationships within the company to identify emerging policy issues, maintain coordination, and maximize existing in-house expertise to enhance policy objectives. Gather intelligence and assists in the preparation of position papers, policy briefings, and other materials. Find opportunities and draft and coordinate responses to proposed rules and regulations impacting Apple.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred. Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in government, government relations, or other advocacy/engagement roles.