Sports Engineering Program Manager - Apple TV
New York City , New York , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 15, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200312850
What happens when the world's most innovative engineers and dedicated Program Managers collaborate with the world's most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. Meet the reinventors: The Apple TV Services teams created and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch their favorite shows, movies, and so much more - including everything they love from the major subscription services. Today, these teams also manage one of the most exciting new realms at Apple: They bring viewers the critically acclaimed and award-winning Apple Originals in Apple TV+. And they've engineered it so Apple TV+ can be enjoyed not only on Apple devices, but also directly on many new televisions and third-party streaming devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, Apple TV Services employ talent and tools to smoothly ingest and process a wide array of media assets. They work cross-functionally to handle video flow from content ingestion, playback, transcoding, and virtually everything else it takes to make the experience as seamless as possible. Join them to see what else is possible.
- 5+ Years of Program, Project, or Product Management in Software Development
- Experience in facilitating various phases (driving requirements, design, progress & status meetings) of the software development lifecycle in a large organization
- Strong understanding of processes and frameworks needed to drive successful execution of large, complex software applications
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and drive results while juggling many priorities under tight timeframes
- Comfort with ambiguity but also willing to dive deep into the technical details to ensure delivery of a successful product
- Experience taking in data from multiple large disparate systems, organizing the data and creating structure
- Experience building highly scalable and intuitive data pipeline management tools
- Experience with media processing workflows for video and audio content
- Experience in sports, media, entertainment industries and/or streaming video services a plus
- Passionate sports fan, with subject-matter knowledge
Working as part of an extraordinary development team, we're looking for a highly motivated Sports Engineering Program Manager. You will work closely with teams and partners worldwide to shape the roadmap, build new features, and ship software releases to millions of Apple customers. As an Engineering Program Manager at Apple, you will be responsible for fast, scalable outcomes and delivery. Working closely with internal and external partners, you'll drive technical integrations through to completion. Your ability to capture requirements, build connections, anticipate challenges and get projects to launch will be necessary for success. The role requires a combination of program, project and release management skills. You will have the freedom to bring new ideas and develop innovative solutions to gain efficiencies in the build, development, testing, and deployment lifecycle. Your enthusiasm and energy will drive discussions leading to the design of new experiences for Apple customers. We believe in taking responsibility and feeling a personal stake in the products we ship. We communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; we value integrity; we manage risk; we know how things work; we work for the success of the entire PM team; we thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; we have deep wisdom and judgement; we keep our eye on the ball; we build strong relationships; we're aware of politics but do not get mired in them; we're constantly looking to improve. Is this is you? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.