Tuesday, November 16, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visitwww.gannett.com
The Events Accounting Director plays a critical role in the success of Gannetts Venture business as well as Gannetts CFO organization. They will oversee all aspects of revenue accounting and general accounting operations for Gannetts Ventures business. They will be the primary point of contact for all accounting related activity and questions from others across the business, including subsidiary entities of Ventures.
The Events Accounting Director will be an integral contributor to the overall accuracy and efficiency of Gannetts Finance operations. They will provide direct support to leadership including but not limited to administration and documentation of financial statement reviews, review and approval of journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliation, development and execution of internal controls, as well as serving as the relationship manager to the business. They will assist management in evaluating operational effectiveness and will be assigned special project work to manage and complete on an as needed basis.
The Director will serve as the point of contact for all Events related accounting questions and concerns.
- Develop and implement efficient month end analytical reviews to ensure accuracy and completeness of reporting
- Develop and administer quality assurance processes and internal control reviews to maintain compliance with established SOX guidelines
- Prepare and present quarterly variance analysis reporting to corporate finance
- Manage the accounting processes for entities within Gannetts Venture business, whether wholly owned or through a joint venture agreement
- Provide support for internal and external audit processes
- Approve invoices, adjustments, journal entries, reconciliations, etc.
- Standardize, streamline, and offer solutions to manual and/or inefficient processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel may be required
- Division Finance leader satisfaction
- Accurate financial reporting processes
- Successful completion of special project work when assigned
- Adherence to Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA helpful but not required
- A minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience
- Strong technical acumen
- Strong process improvement and analytical skills
- Ability to lead, coach and influence
- Experience integrating and leading a team of accountants
- Operational knowledge regarding business operations and other unique market driven programs
- Naturally curious; never settling for the status quo
- Experience working at a mid to large sized organization
- Technical knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Financial statement prowess
- Passion for accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong teamwork and collaboration
- Big picture perspective and ability to manage vision but also the ability to perform detailed assignments as needed
- High degree of attention to detail
- Innate sense of urgency
- Infectious enthusiasm for change
- Previous knowledge of the events and promotions industry is desired
- Understanding of Infor and SAP BPC is desired
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employees race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees.
In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicants disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.
Finance & Accounting