Purpose: Under the supervision of the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources & Labor Relations, receiving visitors to their destinations, sorting and handing out mail, answering incoming calls on multi-line telephones. Does related work as required.
- Greet and welcome guests to the building;
- Scan visitor licenses into Raptor system for security check;
- Direct visitors to their destination;
- Answer, screen and forward incoming calls;
- Receive, sort and distribute mail/deliveries;
- Maintain office security;
- Maintain reception area;
- Perform clerical duties such as organizing mailings;
- Make security badges for employees;
- Assist parents/guardians with registration process;
- Assist with special projects, as needed;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses a friendly and welcoming demeanor;
- Ability to be a positive and encouraging members of the team;
- Ability to work with and engage with diverse group of individuals;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work;
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required;
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations;
- Possesses string communication skills;
- Works well independently and seeks out additional tasks and responsibilities as time permits;
- Willingness to engage in professional development focused on equity, diversity and inclusion.
Certification/License: Not applicable.
Education: There are no education or experience qualifications for this position.
Experience: Prior experience working in a school setting. Experience working with a diverse population desired.
Demands, Hazards: Works in standard office and school building environments.
Equipment: Standard office equipment as required
Travel: Travel between schools, or between schools and central offices, may be required for certain positions.