Hampton Lumber is a family-owned wood products company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. With over 1,700 employees, we operate ten sawmills in Western Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia. We also manage timberland and operate a wholesale and export division. With nearly 80 years in the sawmill business, we are proud to have cultivated the knowledge and experience needed to grow and prosper, even in challenging times. We always look to the future and invest in our people, new technologies, and continuous improvement processes and techniques.
Hampton Lumber is looking for a Treasury Analyst to join our team in Portland, Oregon. This position will report directly to the Assistant Treasurer. In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day treasury functions of the Company. This includes achieving optimal cash management of Company funds among its U.S. and Canadian subsidiaries. Assisting in the monitoring of vendor payments, customer collections, and interfacing with banking partners as well as internal parties to ensure cash activities are completed efficiently and Company assets are protected.
The Treasury Analyst will assist in the administration of Company retirement plans including regular internal compliance activities, coordination with plan recordkeeper, and assistance with external audit and communication with plan participants. When needed, the Treasury Analyst will assist in administrative aspects of the Company's risk management insurance programs, including requests for certificates of insurance, renewal activities, and similar projects. If you are detailed, want to learn and have a strong work ethic, we want to hear from you.
Generous company-paid assistance for Medical and Dental insurance premiums; cost-effective co-pays & deductibles. Vision, Short Term Disability, Roth and pre-tax 401k, with a 2% company match and an additional 5% annual employer contribution, fully vested after three years.
- Ensure the Company's daily cash management activities are effectively and efficiently looked after. This involves cash positioning across several deposit and investment accounts of various domestic and Canadian subsidiaries and utilization of intercompany notes and revolving lines of credit to ensure appropriate daily liquidity for the Company's subsidiaries.
- Support positive relationships with Company banking partners.
- Work on treasury management improvement projects such as migration to electronic payments or utilization of other FinTech opportunities.
- Support fiduciary responsibilities for Company employee benefit plans. This will include performing regular compliance tests in conjunction with the payroll department, responding to inquiries from participants and recordkeeper on plan considerations for participant transactions, and supporting the execution of the external plan audit.
- Support the Company's risk management and insurance programs, including insurance certificate management, policy renewals, claims administration, etc.
- Participate in Hampton Continuous Improvement Projects (HCI), particularly in the realms of payroll, finance, and accounting.
- Additional projects and/or responsibilities based on capacity and proficiencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 2 plus years' experience in an accounting or finance position, preferably within a manufacturing environment or with specific exposure to corporate finance and/or treasury functions.
- Familiarity with defined contribution plan concepts and transaction types.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational and communication skills plus the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines. Strong work ethic, sense of commitment, team-oriented, customer focused and willingness to embrace change while striving for continuous improvement.
- Assertive and responsible, exemplifying the highest level of ethics, honesty and integrity. Highly motivated to learn new skills and grow professionally.
- Capacity to take on additional responsibility/promotable.
More About Us
Hampton Lumber operates with a deep commitment to people, community, and sustainability. Having built a reputation for our commitment to sustainability and thoughtful forest practices, Hampton Lumber exports quality wood products worldwide and serves some of the largest construction and home supplies retailers in North America. We encourage community engagement and a spirit of volunteerism at all of our locations. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, we are also proud sponsors of both the Portland Timbers and the Portland Thorns soccer clubs. Go Timbers! Go Thorns!
Learn more at hamptonlumber.com or follow us on Facebook: @HamptonLumber. You can also learn about our company and our values and priorities by visiting our blog.
Hampton Lumber is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Disability accommodation available: If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office for the location you are applying.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: EEO is the Law and its accompanying temporary supplement.