Senior Application Developer
Hampton Lumber is a family-owned wood products company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. With over 1,700 employees, we operate ten sawmills in Western Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia. We also manage timberland and operate a wholesale and export division. With nearly 80 years in the sawmill business, we are proud to have cultivated the knowledge and experience needed to grow and prosper, even in challenging times. We always look to the future and invest in our people, new technologies, and continuous improvement processes and techniques.
We are seeking an individual who is proactive, flexible, creative and highly accountable. The position requires practical hands on knowledge and a thorough understanding of web and client application development. This person must have, or develop, an understanding of underlying business fundamentals and strive to achieve objectives supporting those business requirements.
Generous company-paid assistance for Medical and Dental insurance premiums; cost-effective co-pays & deductibles. Vision, Short Term Disability, Roth and pre-tax 401k, with a 2% company match and an additional 5% annual employer contribution, fully vested after three years.
- Executes and is responsible for the deployment of code across multiple environments.
- Creates and applies architecture, governance, security, and global process standards to system changes and deployments.
- Performs application support, problem solving, and issue resolution with internal and external resources.
- Contributes to database design and ensures consistent technical approach within the department.
- Design, development, implementation, and support of server and client based applications that support all Hampton locations.
- Travelling will be required.
- Collaborate with other support teams to provide quality customer service to both internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors to design, develop, implement, and support both new and legacy applications.
- Establishes, maintains, and applies coding / configuration standards and best practices.
- Documentation in the form of basic how to documents, designs documentation, performance reporting as well as operational procedures.
- Participate in 24x7 system support rotation and handle escalations.
- Requires travel between sites; must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Must be able to work well both in a team-based structure as well as in situations of limited supervision.
- Ability to be flexible in evaluating priority tasks and multi task to maintain a high level of control over area of responsibility.
- Develops and understands key deadlines and is committed to achieving those deadlines.
- Constantly strive for improvement in systems, processes, and efficiencies. Embrace Hampton vision for "a Better Way Every Day".
- Manage and prioritize Business Development Team work load.
- Responsible for mentoring other team members and determining skills development for the Business Development Team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field.
- 6+ years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including, but not limited to application development and/or database development.
- Proficient in one or more of the following application frameworks/languages: ASP.Net MVC, C#, HTML5/CSS, PHP, JQuery, InfoPath, and SQL.
- Detailed Working knowledge of Microsoft* SQL Server and MySQL databases; developing complex queries, view, triggers, stored procedures, and managing large databases in a multi user environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills, working directly with non-technical stakeholders on discussing requirements, tasks and implementation.
- Proven ability to work as a team and assimilate to different roles.
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership and mentorship.
- Ability to work with minimum direction to plan and manage workload.
- Commitment to delivering great software and releasing it quickly, efficiently and with increasing quality.
- Highly proficient in continuous integration/deployment methodologies and best practices.
- Well versed in Agile development methodologies, particularly Scrum is strongly desired.
- Experience with Sharepoint/InfoPath is desired.
- Experience with XML Data Driven applications is desired.
More About Us
Learn more at hamptonlumber.com, or follow us on Facebook: @HamptonLumber. You can also learn about our company and our priorities by visiting our blog.
Hampton Lumber is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Disability accommodation available: If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office for the location you are applying.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: EEO is the Law and its accompanying temporary supplement.