The Program Team Leader will play a key role in the acquisition of new patients, chart patient volumes, offer marketing and community awareness of the program. This position will implement and grow the existing Bariatric program and educate the community and healthcare providers on the services offered for obese patients 18 years of age and older. The goal will be to optimize patient outcomes and improve the quality of life of patients. Coordinates and participates in the development of referral relationships with physicians, therapists, and others who may refer patients to the Program. This includes identifying referral sources, coordinating efforts with other AAHS functions (marketing), and working within in the Program to properly respond to referrals made, tracking, and responding to referring providers with reports. Primary facilitator to meet the requirements set by ASMBS for Center of Excellence Accreditation .
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Serves as an educational resource for the medical office coordinators; assist in developing multidisciplinary training programs
- Assist the Senior Manager and Practice Supervisor on employee hiring process including position review, posting, interviewing and selection.
- Trains staff and monitors registration process in all areas. Corrects errors and holds staff accountable for correctly registering patients.
- Provides patient education and counsel appropriate to medical needs under supervision of the physician.
- Communicates and/or documents communication of patient information to individuals who have responsibility or control in patient care intervention.
- Facilitates smooth patient flow, and provides other general assistance to the provider and staff.
- Coordinates and implements public education and information sessions in coordination with other AAHS functions (marketing). This would include scheduling, publicity, registration of attendees, and follow up with those attendees who wish additional information.
- Works cooperatively with other Program members and Surgical Staff in general to achieve the overall goals of the Program and Surgical Services in general.
- Works as the primary facilitator to meet the requirements set by ASMBS for Center of Excellence distinction and Program's Accreditation; including data collection
- Additional Duties: Network with referring physicians and conduct community outreach programs. Managing a clinic schedule for first visit consults and follow-up appointments and excellent communication skills; computer literate. Coordinates monthly clinic and quarterly interdisciplinary meetings
- Graduation from an accredited nursing or dietitian program.
- Two years of relevant clinical experience.
- Some experience in an established Bariatric program. (a plus but not required)
- Experience with ASMBS application and data collection. (a plus but not required)
- Licensed to practice in the State of Maryland and Board Certified
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.