Location: San Jose - California
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Boston - Massachusetts
At Rockwell Automation, we believe in the power of combining data and technologyto achieve results in manufacturing and production. We make the building blocks - the intelligent devices and controllers - at the heart of making. But they're not just components. They're parts of a whole. We engineer these building blocks to work together as integrated, industry-focused solutionsthat drive measurable outcomes. Rockwell technology is powered by purpose-built software that makes our systems safer, more flexible, simpler to operate, and more secure. We're merging IT and OT, bringing the benefits of the Connected Enterprise to the production system.
As Sr. Manager Data and Edge Platforms Engineering, you hold a critical role on our team and are responsible for managing the engineering and software development for data and edge software platforms at Rockwell Automation
You will manage direct and dotted line engineering and development staff in different geographies and also manage related partner/contract engineering or development. We are looking for someone who has technical background and leadership in the relevant space as well as effective, diverse people management of teams.
- Direct the software development function, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs/systems, for data and edge platforms. Development and engineering management responsibilities could span relevant Rockwell and partner hardware systems.
- Direct data platform and edge platform "strategy to execution" via directly managed architects or tight coordination with cross-business technical architects
- Responsible for managing multifunctional, direct/dotted line, cross-geography, internal/partner, engineering/development teams of 30+ employees
- Directly responsible and accountable for Data and Edge platform releases by teams under direct and dotted line management and ensuring customer success through technical deliverables. Responsible for managing products/projects and resources within time, budget and scope.
- Recruit, develop, and review, department managers and personnel - experience building new teams critical
- Manage execution of Agile software practices working closely with Agile process coordinators and coaches
- Specifically lead and incubate the data platform vision and strategy as well as execution with focus on industrial and enterprise IT data and data model access, integration, and management.
- For edge platform, manage development of Edge software stack for cloud and on-prem managed Edge gateways and platforms. Will involve integration with 3rd party software platforms and internal software and hardware development
- Help drive the transformation of the Rockwell edge portfolio toward edge platforms working closely with product management and cross-Rockwell architects (hardware, embedded, platform/applications)
- Work with large and small partners toward the strategy and execution of the Data and Edge platform portfolio.
- Help present and communicate data and edge technical strategy and execution to executive management and cross-Rockwell stakeholders and/or technology supplier
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline preferred
- Eight to ten years of experience leading development execution of large-scale production enterprise software systems, platforms and onprem/cloud applications.
- Ten years of hands-on product development experience in software system and cloud-centric applications/platforms.
- Working experience in or with start-ups in the software and cloud space.
- Intimate, hands on/coding and architecture experience with legacy and modern cloud software concepts, practices, and procedures, including microservices, traditional virtualizations/VM management, containerization/container orchestration, database/cloud data stores, big data, edge/IOT , cloud services, mobility, enterprise and cloud-centric languages at scale
- Hands-on Experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform or other.
- Working knowledge in areas such as cloud security, DevOps, analytics, and AI/machine learning.
- Experience evaluating and analyzing relevant data and edge competing products/services or potential platform suppliers
- Experience working with customers and sales on technical issues related to direct product development areas of responsibility
- Requires strong interpersonal, leadership, organizational and communication skills. Should possess the ability and patience to explain complex technical concepts.
- Requires an ability to sell ideas and present strategies at all organizational levels including the senior executive level.
- Development experience in industrial automation software.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).