Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected, and more productive.
We help the world work better and people work smarter and are looking for bright minds to make that happen. The makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That's where you come in.
The Software Development Partnering Leader collaborates with the Software Development organization and other supporting functions to optimize the effectiveness of partnering with 3rd party companies for software development and test. Manages the global Rockwell 3rd party software development ecosystem to ensure Rockwell has capable partners to meet the requirements for engagements of varying complexities including those using staff augmentation and project-based models. Manges an internal service to provide and administer resources from partner companies in staff augmentation situations. Communicates and advises leaders on the partnering lifecycle and ensures that executions are compliant with Rockwell requirements. A person in this position may travel up to 25% of the time to other Rockwell development centers and partner sites with the U.S. and global locations.
We are looking for someone who will effectively leverage and learn from a diverse set of backgrounds and opinions. The ideal candidate will contribute to a team-oriented environment and the use of open and direct communications, honesty and respect. The candidate will also actively seek knowledge, identify, and pursue career development opportunities for their team.
What you will do
- Develop project engagement approaches and engage with partners.
- Develop a command of the software development and test services market.
- Develop a relationship with partner leadership.
- Drive best in class pricing for services.
- Develop project engagement plans with software engineering leadership.
- Define software development partner profiles.
- Develop metrics dashboards and other information important to stakeholders.
- Drive self service using databases and templates.
- Collaborates with Strategic sourcing, CISO office, legal, information technology, contracts administration, and other to continuously improve the software partnering lifecycle to accelerate time to market.
- Participate in negotiations to gain agreement on terms and conditions, rate changes, and Project NRE.
- Establishes and reviews WIP to proactively ensure acceptability.
- Ensure that information is current, consistent, and readily available.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science discipline or equivalent experience.
- MS and/or MBA or equivalent experience is desirable.
- Certified SAFe Agilist, Practitioner or Program Consultant.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
- 10+ years combined experience as a software engineer, project leader/manager, test leader, scrum master, functional manager and/or business development leader for a software application development organization, consulting services firm or IT development organization.
- Must have experience applying knowledge of software development and test using external companies and resources.
- Familiar with software development and test methodologies including agile development.
- Proven ability to lead multiple teams, partner with management to resolve conflicts and obtain resources for projects.
- Effectively communicates and gives presentations (internally and externally).
- Proven ability to influence internal and third-party leaders and team members, direct resources, plan project activity and balance financial budgets.
- Experience working within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or Agile environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).