Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation is looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team. This position has interactions with internal and external customers for Lifecycle Services & Solutions with a primary focus on Low Voltage Panels. This position will help implement robust preventive quality actions to build quality into product design and processes. In this role working in a matrixed and dynamic environment with creativity, attention to detail and effective communication is key.
In this role you will be working with a dedicated team to lead the organization in improving solutions quality for Rockwell and customers. The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative, partnering with multi-discipline teams to establish and drive quality goals and objectives throughout our various portfolios. Ability to effectively engage in a dynamic environment and leverage lessons learned is critical. Excellent interpersonal skills are a must to build effective working relationships across product management, program management, engineering, and manufacturing stakeholders. You will provide ongoing visibility of progress to established goals through the collection, organization, and analysis of product and project data. This position requires experience in hardware development environments and an understanding of hardware Quality Management.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrates ability to team effectively
- Proficiency in software applications (Primarily Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, Power BI)
- Good communication - feedback and responses
- Project management skills for customer and product issues
- Authorization to work in the US without sponsorship
- Familiarity with Lean or Six Sigma
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products a plus
- Develop and implement a quality management strategy to improve the quality of our released solutions.
- Demonstrate collaborative partnerships with peers, leaders, and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with global locations (Examples: Shanghai, Singapore, Monterrey, Richland Center)
- Implement metrics and dashboards to provide ongoing visibility to quality goals and objectives.
- Lead process improvement efforts that drive systemic improvements in quality and customer issue resolution.
- Lead Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) to ensure corrective and preventive actions address systemic root causals and eliminates repeats.
- Facilitate and participate in retrospectives for continuous improvement of products and processes. Promote development and tracking of action items.
- Reads and interprets technical product documentation with understanding of product usage within customer application and environment.
- Performs risk assessment and implements early preventive mitigation action plans.
- Highly resilient; pursues tasks with drive and develops timely actions.
- Focus on prevention, timely issue resolution and develops competency within team.
- Maintains accountability for high quality performance throughout product lifecycle.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to drive performance results.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).