Environmental Services / Custodial
Sodexo is hiring a Housekeeping Manager at North Hawaii Community Hospital (NHCH) located in Kamuela, Hawaii. A non-profit community hospital that serves more than 30,000 residents and visitors in North Hawaii, NHCH opened in 1996 and has 35 patient beds, including an ICU and maternity services. In January 2014, NHCH became part of the Queen's Health Systems.
The successful candidate will:
- provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and works closely with the Infectious Control department;
- lead a team and department initiatives;and/or
- support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have Environmental Services experience in the health care or hospitality industry;
- possess strong leadership and customer service skills with the ability to work independently to drive department programs;
- have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are results and safety driven;
- are proficient with computers and other technology.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees
-Coordinate/conduct employee training
-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)
-Interact with outside vendors
-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.
-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified.
-Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.