Sodexo is looking for a Sous Chef to support production at Sharp Memorial in San Diego, CA.
The Sous Chef will be highly involved in day to day operations and will work closely in production managing one of the following areas: retail, patient dining or catering/cold production. This position will support 2 locations and will require the use of company vehicle. This position will require a drivers license and successful completion of a driving background. In addition, this position will be eligible for a $8 meal stipend to use onsite per working shift.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have strong HAACP knowledge
- Are flexible and able to handle demands of high volume cooking including but not limited to retail operations, patient services and/or catering function
- Enjoy working with diverse populations
- Have past experience in buying and storeroom over sight
- Enjoy teaching and able to coach team monthly safety education
- Willing to take on projects to drive improved compliance
- Inspect day to day record keeping and holds staff accountable to standards
- Can pitch in to help staff when falling behind with days work
The ideal candidate has:
- experience working in a fast paced environment such as catering or mass production.
- Proven success in leading teams and motivating employees
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.