SENIOR LICENSED PRACTICAL (MULTIPLE POSITIONS & SHIFTS, TO INCLUDE TEMPORARY POSITIONS)
Date: Oct 22, 2021 Location: PANAMA CITY, FL, US, 32404
Requisition No: 410701 Agency: Veterans Affairs Position Number: 50001812
Posting Closing Date: 01/04/2022
SENIOR LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Clifford Chester Sims State Veterans' Nursing Home, Panama City, FL. Bay County
Starting Annual Salary: $38,521.60
Excellent benefits, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, personal day and retirement package.
Current Shifts: 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm and 11:00 pm to 7:30 am
***Other Sr. Licensed Practical Nurse positions (and shifts), including OPS Temporary positions, may be filled from this advertisement within six months of the closing date***
- Must be willing and able to work weekends and holidays, as required.
- Must have current licensure as a State of Florida practical nurse.
- Must have one (1) year experience in providing practical nursing services.
- Must have a current CPR certification.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must Successfully complete a Level II Background Screening to include, but not limited to finger prints and a drug test.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- One Year (1) experience working in a Long-Term Care facility.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMRs).
- Provide quality care to the veteran residents to ensure their health, safety and security in accordance with established agency Standard Operating Procedures and Nurse Practice Act. Perform assigned duties to include but not limited to administration of medications and treatments per MD order, monitoring and providing interventions to meet the needs of the resident, completing accurate clinical documentation reflective of residents current status and supervising CNA and other supportive care giver.
- Administer medications and perform treatments to assigned patients. Complete documentation of needs and treatment as required by local, state, and federal requirements. Assist team members in giving care to patients. Administer direct care using nursing skills and judgment as needed. Evaluate and document the patient's condition and nursing needs. Set goals and prescribe appropriate nursing interventions to meet the physical, psychological, social rehabilitative and discharge planning. Initiate and share in leadership of team conferences in development of individualized nursing care plans.
- Assign nursing care to team members in accordance with the patients' needs and available staffing. Coordinate other duties as needed. Direct and evaluate nursing care provided to patients. Assist with orientation of new personnel. Coordinate nursing care of patients when scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments/disciplines. Establish and maintain communications and utilize teaching opportunities with patients and other significant individuals.
- Report pertinent observations and reactions regarding patients to the appropriate person (i.e. physician, head nurse, charge nurse, and/or nursing supervisor and appropriate family member). Record observations accurately and concisely. Assist physicians with special tests and procedures within the scope of the Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintain the standards of nursing care and implement the policies and procedures of the facility and nursing department. Follow all local, state, and federal rules and regulations. Comply and perform within the scope of practice as defined by the Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Ensure economical utilization of supplies and ensure that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner. Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients such as cardiac arrest. Participate in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment.
- Actively participate in continuing educational programs for self-development and in overall quality improvement programs.
- Perform other related duties, including special projects, as assigned.
All responses provided to the qualifying questions for this vacancy advertisement must be verifiable on your State of Florida Employment Application.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a security background check to include fingerprinting and/or drug screening and participate in direct deposit. Note: you will be required to provide your Social Security number in order to conduct the background screening.
We request that all applications be completed online with People First. This agency does not accept faxed or mailed applications.
This is a career service position.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Click to apply today!