Battery Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 16, 2021
Role Number: 200313823
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? As part of our Battery Engineering group, help craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before. We work across subject areas to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and help us innovate new battery technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, push the industry boundaries of what batteries can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. In this role you will utilize your skills as a Battery test engineer to lead electrical testing of Li-ion battery packs in coordination with other engineers and technicians to validate battery packs for next generation consumer electronics. You will work with multi-functional teams to develop test process, lead test execution and analyze test results.
- 5+ years of proven experience with Battery Cycler equipment like Maccor, Arbin, Gamry etc. and their use in appropriate applications
- Understanding of engineering/applied science concepts and scripting languages like python, C, C++
- 3+ years experience of testing in lab environment with understanding of Lithium Ion battery cell and packs preferred
- Good understanding of Bringing a can-do attitude with a willingness to take ownership and drive results.
- Relies on data to justify technical decisions and ability to clearly explain technical issues
- Self-starter with excellent time-management skills and curious spirit and willing to work in fast pace team.
- Strong documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in a multifaceted environment
- Have a previous track record of success conducting tests - should also be able to process and summarize data.
- Possess a high level of attention to details.
- Familiarity with test platforms including Automated Test Equipment utilizing data acquisition and instrumentation control software such as python or similar test scripting.
Work with other test engineers and technicians to execute battery performance testing using cycler equipments and provide accurate result reports.
Generate important metrics for day to day lab activities.
Reviews BMU schematics and layout to verify conformance and to determine testability.
Conducts investigations and prepares reports to support investigations.
Writes plans, co-develops procedures and analyzes data for validation activities.
Running complex test setups using high accuracy test equipment.
Troubleshooting equipment and sample issues, maintaining and solving test equipment problems as needed.
Use various types of measurement equipment to test batteries and cells.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in engineering or applied sciences