Manufacturing Design Engineer Manager (MDE) - Product Displays
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Nov 8, 2021
Role Number: 200309203
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 10+ years engineering work experience, including 5+ years as a direct people Manager.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Fluent in English, Mandarin skills a bonus
- Past experience developing prototyping processes or manufacturing technology development
- Experience in fixture design, equipment design, or manufacturing/process optimization a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to use and implement statistical and data analysis tools to make data driven decisions where no one else saw the trend.
- Ability and willingness to work independently and travel (domestic + international) frequently.
- Proven leader, demonstrable on previous projects defining and closing all engineering tasks to meet objectives, detailed oriented to cut to the root of problems, and ability to learn quickly with little information or support.
In this highly visible role you will lead a team responsible for taking products from concept/brainstorm to mass production. You'll use your demonstrated tenacity and curiosity to solve seemingly impossible problems managing full life cycle NPI programs. Your team will be directly responsible for selection and implementation of manufacturing processes of fixtures and assemblies in our Retail, Channel, and Event environments. Responsibilities:
Research new materials, technologies, and suppliers, to identify, predict and mitigate issues early in the development cycle, diving deep to understand roadblocks, process capabilities to enable amazing designs and smooth ramps. Own creation of the entire manufacturing process, from raw material to final assembly, with a dedication to focus where needed to enable program success. Create processes, tooling, equipment, and quality systems to create product display fixtures that will surprise and delight our retail customers.
Interact with Industrial Design, Product Design, and Vendors to enable the most innovative display designs on the market. Coordination of activities between US-based teams and world wide teams/suppliers is a necessity.
Develop innovative solutions that enable Apple's long term Environmental and Product goals, including but not limited to sustainable manufacturing, LCA tracking / Co2 reduction, and closed-loop manufacturing life cycle.
Resolve, define, and organize tasks for your team to ensure your team is executing on the correct issues to enable on quality, on time, and in budget launches.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or above in Material / Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent.