We're looking for passionate and experienced Customer Service professionals to join our growing Contact Center team as a Contact Center Representative!
Contact Center Representatives are the first point of contact for our members. In this role you'll answer questions about accounts, loans, online banking and more. You'll provide excellent service and ensure each and every member is extremely satisfied with their interaction. This is a fast-paced position with opportunities for rewards, recognition and advancement on a fun team!
Important stuff you want to know:
- Multiple shifts are available, we can accommodate a variety of scheduling needs: Opening shift 7:45 AM - 4:45 PM; Mid shift 8:45 AM - 5:45 PM; Closing shift 9:30 AM - 6:30 PM
- We follow CDC Covid-19 protocols to keep employees safe and healthy
- You'll work in a socially distanced and clean environment at our corporate building in Gurnee, IL
- Full time schedule is 40 hrs/week; overtime is required periodically
Day-to-Day Responsibilities will include:
- Providing prompt, positive and informative service to our members
- Assisting members with their phone inquiries regarding Credit Union products and services
- Meeting or exceeding individual service goals by providing a positive, frictionless experience, following the interaction review guidelines, and creating a one-stop resolution
- Meeting or exceeding individual productivity goals
- Utilizing multiple sources and modes of communication to retain and apply organizational updates, promotions, and product, service, policy, and procedural changes
- Assisting and partnering with other CCU departments to solve member inquiries and issues quickly and effectively
- HS diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of experience in customer service, retail, contact center, hospitality, sales or related. Ideally you'll have banking/financial, high-volume service, or office experience
- Advanced proficiency with computer systems/software applications
- Interpersonal skills with professional verbal and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
- Able to work in an environment where urgency and accuracy are required
- Self-directed and independent worker
- Thrive on being helpful, positive, acting with integrity, and embracing inclusion and diversity
- Ability to work Monday - Friday and rotating Saturdays (until 2:30 PM), Periodic overtime will be required
With CCU you'll enjoy:
With competitive pay, an annual bonus plan, excellent benefits, a fun, warm, friendly, positive culture, and a company that believes in developing our employees to their fullest potential, we're the total package!
CCU offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- FREE basic life, short term and long-term disability insurance. And we have a FREE employee-only fitness center!
- Medical (3 plan options) and dental (2 plan options), vision coverage, tax-advantaged spending accounts, employee assistance program, tuition assistance, and more
- Generous Paid Time Off (accrue up to 4 weeks during your first year!) & 10 company paid holidays - we are closed for majoy holidays and some "banker" holidays too!
- 401(k) with company matching and a 100% company-paid pension plan
About Consumers Credit Union
Consumers Credit Union (CCU) has a simple mission: to empower our members to live better lives.
We're a financial institution just like a bank, except not exactly. Banks have customers, but because we're a not-for-profit, member-owned credit union, we have members. And because we're not a bank, we don't drive up profits just because shareholders demand it. Instead, we focus on driving up member happiness through low loan rates, high deposit rates and low- or no-fee products and services. We focus on things like transparency, simplicity, helpfulness, integrity, positivity and inclusion - and we always put our members first.
In fact, we serve over 185,000 members and have over $2.8 billion in assets. We employ over 500 people in the Chicago area and have 18 branch locations in Illinois. We offer access to a national shared branching network, and more than 80,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide. And although we've been around for over 90 years, we're just getting started!
Equal Opportunity Employer
CCU complies with the requirements and spirit of the law in the implementation of all facets of equal opportunity in employment. There will be no discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, genetic information, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), criminal or arrest history (unless job related), crime victim status, or any other protected characteristic in the recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, termination, or any other employment actions or term and condition of employment. CCU complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which CCU has facilities.
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please contact our Human Resources team at: or 877-275-2228.