Overview of Position
HCRs act as advocates and meet with patients and their families daily. They are responsible for tracking every application they receive and obtaining high rates of successful outcomes. If you appreciate helping people and possess great communication and computer skills, take the next step towards a rewarding career at Change Healthcare!
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Work effectively with hospital employees and patients.
- Interviewing clients in a hospital setting and/or home visits to assist the clients in obtaining maximum benefit coverage.
- Completion of applications for state and federal programs (including Health Exchange/Marketplace programs), reviewing medical records and taking all necessary action to expedite benefit approval.
- Achieve and maintain certification designation as "Certified Application Counselor".
- Adherence to company and legal standards regarding Protected Health Information (PHI), Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Personnel Transaction Identifier (PTI).
- Maintain ongoing communication with government agencies regarding the status of claims.
- Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other Change Healthcare staff as needed.
- Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contract on Change Healthcare and/or hospital computer systems.
- Making a determination to take a Federal, State or Local program application based upon medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living, and information contained in medical records.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, some Holidays required
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 1-3 years of relevant hospital and healthcare experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- 2 or 4 year college degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Proficient with computer skills and tablet devices including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel
- Professional & polished demeanor
- Strong work ethics and confidentiality
- Time management skills and attention to detail
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Knowledge of federal and state programs that will benefit coverage for the client
- Possible language skills, as required by geographic location
- Demonstrated experience working with people of various educational and socioeconomics background preferred
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- Onsite at client location - Libertyville, IL
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
As a federal contractor, Change Healthcare is adhering to the Executive Order which mandates vaccination. As such, we are requiring all U.S. new hires and employees to show proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive an approved accommodation by their date of hire, as a condition of employment.
As we continue to navigate the ever-changing COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. Proof of vaccination or accommodations requests will be collected once an offer is accepted with Change Healthcare. All accommodation requests will be carefully considered but are not guaranteed to be approved.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at .
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
1 to 3 years