Sodexo is seeking a Clinical Nutrition Manager for a hospital in Downtown Los Angeles,CA. The Clinical Nutrition Manager oversee the Clinical Nutrition Program.
The successful candidate will reporting to the General Manager, in this role you will:
Be responsible for managing the Clinical Nutrition Department with clinical responsibilities including; serving on committees, managing an outstanding team of RD's, the diet office and work closely with the management team;
Provide care for the general patient population;
Serve as a strong leader for the Clinical Nutrition Services team, managing and providing clinical support to the team while working in conjunction with the team of Sodexo management;
- Be responsible for the provision, integrity, and integration of nutrition therapy services, as well as the leadership of individuals who implement these functions on a daily basis;
- Train, mentor and supervise the team of dietitians;
- Meet DOH/state/federal and company standards;
- Represent the Food & Nutrition Department as the primary liaison with the medical and nursing staff.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian experience in acute care and 3 years as a lead dietitian or clinical nutrition manager;
- the ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities and prior experience with room service is preferred;
- experienced with the Nutrition Care Process and prior experience with electronic medical records charting is helpful;
- a strong leader and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- the ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment;
- excellent interpersonal skills to make every day a better day for our clients and residents;
- a passion for driving and improving the patient experience for the population we serve;
- Willingness to participate in various patient satisfaction initiatives.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Functions as the in-unit lead Clinical leader for a large account, system or multiple accounts under the same contract or multiple contracts in a defined region.
Manages the daily operations of nutrition services through direct supervision of both non-exempt employees and entry-level exempt professional employees.
-Directs daily operations of nutrition programs and ensure customer and client satisfaction levels are met.
-Establishes and executes operating standards, implements quality improvements, manages the budget and communicates them to other departments.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for nutrition services.
-Promotes nutrition services and stays current with most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Manages employees to ensure they meet goals, cost controls deadlines, and collect outcomes.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel).
-Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client, regional or national initiatives, projects, and implements the service program(s).
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.