You are a strategic, innovative facilities leader ready to help clients optimize their business.
Sodexo is currently looking for a Facilities Maintenance Coordinator for a large pharmaceutical company in Rahway, NJ.
The Shipping Coordinator position is responsible for coordinating the transportation of all chemicals, biologicals, research samples, and equipment worldwide in direct support of a research facility. Shippers must assure that all materials are classified, packaged, and identified properly in accordance with the Global Trade Compliance, DOT, IATA, and Osha regulatory requirements to assure material is moved safely and compliantly with minimal interruption to business continuity.
- Review shipping request documentation for accuracy and completion for all inter-site, domestic and international shipments.
- Retain shipping documentation per the regulatory requirement / client's record retention policy.
- Provide guidance to requestors on accurate completion of shipping documentation.
- Assist requestors with locating GHS/CLP compliant safety data sheets.
- Review safety data sheets to determine whether material is considered dangerous goods.
- Classify material based on the DOT / IATA regulations and assure that shipment is compliant with all requirements.
- Understand the global trade compliance requirements and assure that these requirements are met.
- Create commercial invoices in advance of shipments and submit to couriers for pre-approval prior to shipping material.
- Package cold chain shipments to assure materials maintain correct temperature requirements.
- Use temperature monitoring systems to record temperature excursions during travel.
- Manage GMP freezers and log book per client requirements.
- Assure GHS/CLP labels are affixed to materials and packages per the Osha Haz Com requirements.
- Provide compliance support to shipment requestors as needed.
- Troubleshoot software system issues with software administrator to assure business continuity.
- Administration of Ariel classification and labeling tool including but not limited to: data entry, location maintenance, account maintenance, etc...
- Train and develop team members on shipping procedures.
- Collect metrics on number of Inter-site, domestic, and international shipments processed.
- Implement new policies and procedures to govern and control all distribution tasks to assist in achieving a more accurate and efficient shipping process.
- Help support facility specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving significant savings.
- Act as an interface with client, visitors and guests where applicable
- Act collaboratively to solve problems and resolve spontaneous and unique situations with professionalism and service orientation.
- Ensure delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction with client.
- Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions for service delivery
- Read and understand the applicable Service Level Agreements, help achieve the Key Performance Indicators and score favorably on the client satisfaction surveys.
- Seek to continuously improve processes, systems and overall client satisfaction.
- Ensure appropriate follow up with customers to help resolve requests / issues.
- Develop/maintain positive relationships with internal/external customers and facilities staff.
- Work with key personnel to effectively implement process improvements for operational
Procedures in an effort to proactively optimize the overall location and item level accuracy while
maintaining the highest possible productivity levels.
- Understanding and usage of safety data sheets.
- Ability to utilize information from safety data sheets, cover sheets, and aerial tool to create GHS/CLP labels for mixtures.
- 4 Year College Degree preffered
- Advanced knowledge and handling of chemicals and abide by safety measures.
- Ability to work in a non-stop, fast-paced, multiple task environments.
- Ability to work in multiple sites.
- Ability to work over time when needed.
- Excellent internal and external customer service.
- Possess strong written, verbal and people skills.
- Possess proficiency and knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Integration Point preferred but not required.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to handle/manage large, heavy shipments.
- Ability to operate manual/powered pallet jack.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team setting.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!