Join a team that embraces your love for working with people, mentoring them as they achieve personal and professional goals.
Sodexo is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Food Service Manager 2 with a passion and drive for patient satisfaction to join the Food & Nutrition team at at the *new* SSM Health St. Louis University Hospital in St. Louis, MO. The Food Service Manager will oversee and direct the patient services program for the 356-bed Level 1 Trauma Center to include managing and retaining frontline staff, meeting and exceeding client and patient satisfaction, and ensuring smooth operations.
If you are an experienced leader with a strong operational background and a proven ability to build teams and foster culture and you've been a Food Service Manager, Restaurant Manager, and/or have experience in Patient Services, this position is for you!
Salary range is competitive and negotiable upon experience with a rich benefits package, strong growth opportunities, and a schedule that offers work-life balance.
The successful candidate will:
- Oversee and manage the Patient Dining Program to include staff training and staff supervision;
- oversee daily meal rounding inclusive of service recovery;
- evaluate and develop service levels for the overall Patient Services Program targeted to exceed patient and customer satisfaction;
- assist in management of patient services operations.
- collaborate with clinical, food service and interdisciplinary teams to enhance the patient experience;
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality and presentation and tray accuracy;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits; and/or
- perform management functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies;
- passion for our patients and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily;
- knowledge of nutrition and specialized diets a plus; and/or
- strong management skills, preferably in healthcare, hospitality, or restaurants.
Absent a legally recognized exception, SSM Health is requiring COVID-19 vaccines and flu shots to work at this hospital. Learn more about St. Louis University Hospital, click here.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Patient Services positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Patient Services. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.