Are you seeking a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to make a difference?
Sodexo is seeking an Area Registered Dietitian 2 for Charter Schools in New Orleans, Louisiana. The selected candidate will support training and nutritional needs within the region. The Dietitian will serve as a liaison between our food service team and our students to ensure that all dietary needs are safely accommodated to and that students are educated regarding sustainable healthy habits. The Registered Dietitian will work with our Operations Team and Area General Manager to implement and maintain Sodexo programs/systems/procedures.
The successful candidate will:
- ensure Sodexo and National School Lunch (NSLP)/USDA culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented and met;
- be responsible for maintaining the PrimeroEdge database throughout the region;
- provide nutritional guidance to the food service department and serve as a liaison to students, staff, and parents;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety;
- support day-to-day food service operations as needed; and
- create a positive working environment.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a Registered Dietitian credential and state licensure in Louisiana;
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- has previous experience working within a K-12 environment;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service; and
- have a passion for food and innovation.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Keywords: child nutrition, K-12, cu
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.