BEVILL STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
1411 Indiana Avenue Jasper, AL 35501
205-387-0511 POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Beginning date: November 15, 2021
Closing date: November 29, 2021
POSITION #879: Office Administration Technology/Management and Entrepreneurship Instructor
APPROXIMATE STARTING DATE: December 2021
GENERAL INFORMATION: Bevill State Community College is an accredited, learning-centered institution dedicated to student success by providing quality educational and training opportunities that enrich lives intellectually, economically, and culturally.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Master’s degree from applicable discipline with 18 graduate hours in teaching field or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education and a minimum of three years work experience in occupational area are required. Experience teaching online courses is required. In addition, effective oral and written communication skills are required. Teaching experience at the community college level preferred. Maintain industry credentialing/certifications including Microsoft Office Specialist Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; CSB Communication Skills for Business, and ESB Entrepreneurship and Small Business, and maintain a working relationship with Certiport.
SALARY RANGE: Minimum $38,916-maximum $84,194 based on experience and educational level for placement on the Alabama State Salary Schedule D-1. Additional salary may be available, but is not guaranteed, for summer employment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The position of Office Administration Technology/Management and Entrepreneurship Instructor requires the following essential job functions: Communicate orally; communicate in writing; read and interpret; communicate with auditory skills; visual ability; manual dexterity; exhibit emotional control and stability; stress management and coping ability; demonstrate knowledge of the English language including grammar, word usage, syntax, and sentence structure; mastery of appropriate computer operation skills; perform data entry functions; utilize telephone system; utilize current filing systems; possess basic mathematical skills such as percentages and fractions, etc.; operate standard business office machines (e.g. appropriate software applications, calculator, copier, scanning, etc.), and computer/media equipment. The essential job functions listed are not comprehensive and duties and responsibilities may change without notice. Comply with all policies of the Board of Trustees for the Alabama Community College System and the College.
DUTIES: In addition to adhering to the guidelines as specified by Bevill State Community College Personnel Handbook, the Board of Trustees, and Alabama Community College System duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Teach classes/labs as assigned. Classes/labs may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or weekend and at any Campus/instructional site deemed necessary.
2. Work closely with other College instructors to align course offerings, class schedules, syllabi, student learning outcomes, and Plans of Instruction (POI).
3. Assist students as advisors to include developing class schedules, program planning, and career counseling.
4. Achieve and maintain appropriate instructor certifications.
5. Achieve proficiency in Canvas and incorporate it in the delivery of all courses.
6. Maintain updated course syllabi for all courses taught and provide a syllabus to all students enrolled in the class. Each faculty member will adhere to the course syllabus.
7. Review and recommend revision of curriculum based on Advisory Committee recommendations/relevant business and industry standards/needs.
8. Provide input to the appropriate Instructional Discipline Committees.
9. Assist in the development of course offerings each term.
10. Maintain all records as needed for the instructional program.
11. Complete appropriate Institutional Effectiveness and Student Learning Outcomes reporting.
12. Participate on college-wide committees.
13. Ability to meet deadlines.
14. Maintain professional conduct in dealing with students, staff, administration, faculty, and the college community.
15. Adhere to prescribed procedures in all financial operations of the division.
16. Maintain safe practices in classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings.
17. Assist college personnel in the recruitment of students.
18. Participate in the needs assessment, planning, and budgeting processes of the division.
19. Compile and dispense necessary reports in a timely manner.
20. Assist in enforcing all college policies.
21. Assist in the coordination of the institutional effectiveness plan.
22. Attend faculty and staff meetings.
23. Participate in College and community activities.
24. Continue professional development through professional organization, seminars, etc., to maintain and improve skills.
25. Assume all other duties assigned by the Division Chair.
Bevill State Community College employment applications are available from the following address or visit our website at www.bscc.edu and click on “Community Resources” and then “Job Opportunities”.
All applications should be mailed to:
Office of Human Resources
Bevill State Community College
1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper, AL 35501
OR Email in a .pdf format to: Employment@bscc.edu
Completed applications must be received by 3:00 pm November 29, 2021 to ensure full consideration. Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at his/her own expense. A complete application file consists of:
• A completed Bevill State Community College Application.
• Three current, signed, and dated letters of reference - (must be relevant to position).
• A signed and dated letter of interest with reference to the position number found on the position announcement.
• Complete transcripts from every institution from which any collegiate credit has been earned. Transcripts must include conferred or awarded date.
• A resume.
• No staples or paper clips
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete.
Before an offer of employment can be made to the selected candidate, the College will require written verification (on letterhead and signed by the appropriate authority) from current and previous employers confirming the required level of experience as stated in the “Qualifications” section.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a nonrefundable fee of $17.40 (additional charges may apply) for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Bevill State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Bevill State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, and Bevill State Community College that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment. Bevill State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. If you have a disability and may require accommodations, please notify us at 205-387-0511 Ext. 5784. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Please note that Bevill State Community College hours are 7:30 to 5:30 Monday-Thursday, and 7:30 to 11:30 on Fridays.