Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Non-Teaching Professional staff at the Capital District Educational Opportunity Center, which provides vocational and academic training to economically and educationally disadvantaged adults.
Assistant to the Coordinator for Student Services
Please Note: In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not support visa applications. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s degree. A minimum of two (2) or more years of paid work experience in an office setting. Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills in: Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), databases, and internet research skills. A minimum of one (1) year experience working with data gathering (preparing and reviewing)
In addition to the above-mentioned required qualifications, ideal candidates will have Experience in Ellucian Banner a plus. Experience in student placement or testing a plus. Experience in budget monitoring and maintenance.
Commitment to cultural diversity, affirmative action, and working with low income populations. The ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in all work performed. Ability to be flexible and multi-task. Demonstrated verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated organizational skills. Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team. Patient and congenial personality.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant to the Coordinator of Student Services reports to the Coordinator of Student Services and performs the following duties:
1. Supports and assists the Coordinator of Student Services in the execution of all departmental functions.
2. Supports and assists the Assistant Coordinator of Student Services – Testing in the execution of all testing.
3. Supports and assists the Assistant Coordinator of Student Services – Enrollment in the execution of enrollment management services functions.
4. Supports and assists the Assistant Coordinator of Student Services – College and Career Services as directed.
5. Assists EOC staff in regard to departmental and center processes.
6. Makes recommendations to improve the operation of departmental and office procedures.
7. Assists the Coordinator of Student Services in departmental activities including but not limited to: with training, professional development, and special project activities.
8. Maintains records, completes reports, and compiles data related to EOC and department functions.
9. Works closely with all aspects of EOC related database(s) and assists with activities associated with but not limited to data integrity and reporting, particularly as they relate to department activities and functions.
10. Utilizes, maintains, and updates Excel spreadsheets for recording, tracking, and execution of various departmental functions and activities.
11. Organizes and maintains general departmental files, both electronic and hard copy.
12. Maintains custody of departmental and office equipment assigned to the department.
13. Promotes and maintains positive communication and interactions with EOC staff and other “customers” in performance of duties.
14. Keeps Coordinator informed at all times of departmental activities.
15. Responds to oral and written internal and external communications.
16. Monitors and tracks status of departmental activities.
17. Cooperates with other center offices and staff, as appropriate.
18. Enforces Center regulations.
19. Attends and participates in meetings as necessary and assigned.
20. Works some evening assignments (may be up to 2 nights per week) as necessary to assist in departmental activities.
21. Works some weekend assignments from time to time.
22. Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
This is a 12 month full-time position. The salary for this position is $37,000.
Hudson Valley Community College offers a very competitive benefits package which includes, excellent low-cost health insurance as well as a generous leave policy.
Visit our Employment Opportunities page www.hvcc.edu/jobs to apply before the close date of December 12, 2021.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.