Product Designer, Books
Culver City , California , United States
Posted: Nov 18, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200314362
Home Office: Yes
Apple's Media Product (AMP) Design Team is seeking a Senior Product Designer to design experiences for Books Connect. These products are the platform that allows publishers and authors (both large and small) to deliver, manage, modify, publish, as well as analyze their content. This designer creates experiences primarily for the web but also includes iOS. We are looking for an outstanding visual and human interface designer who is passionate about user experience design and wants to help shape the development of Books Connect. The designer will be responsible for researching, designing, and prototyping new user experiences based on product requirements. Deliverables include high fidelity mockups, and documentation required for pixel perfect implementation. The role will work alongside designers, product managers, engineers, and cross functional teams to ensure a successful product for both our business and our customers.
- BFA or BA degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating user experience and visual design work
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Expertise using Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, Invision, and other design related software required
- An understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience working on responsive web apps, and designing for iOS and Cocoa is highly desired
- Ability to articulate ideas and present work
- Experience leading and managing several complex projects simultaneously
- Expertise documenting interaction details, visual design specifications and QA of the implemented product
The ideal candidate has a proven track record solving complex interaction problems across multiple platforms. Candidate has an eye for pixel perfect detail, and possesses a strong blend of interaction and visual design skills, as well as user-centered design principals. The applicant must have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. Prior experience working within and contribute to a design system is a plus. The candidate must be a natural collaborator with excellent communication skills and able to present to peers, cross functional teams team, and executives. Applicant will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Editorial, Product Marketing, and QA. Candidate should be self-motivated, proactive, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
Education & Experience
BFA or BA degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating user experience and visual design work.