Wireless Systems Engineer - RF Systems NFC
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 18, 2021
Role Number: 200311991
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives! Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day! Our RF Systems Engineering team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated individual to work on integration of NFC technologies into Apple's wireless products.
- Experience with test evaluation and hands-on debug of troubleshooting NFC
- Knowledge of NFC transceiver architectures and RF front-end characteristics that impact NFC system level RF parametric including field strength, sensitivity, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with NFC technology, standards including ISO14443, EMVCo and certification bodies those governing transit
- Experience with translating system performance requirements into hardware requirements
- Hands-on experience with RF equipment's such as network analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes
- Proficiency at HFSS or CST simulations to model and analyze wireless HW behavior
- Understanding of NFC PHY Layer and application layers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will be responsible for assessing platform-level aspects of NFC technologies towards industry conformance and use case performance in consumer products. Your responsibilities may include: - Performing feasibility investigations on new RF features bearing on NFC RF performance across platforms. - Proposing changes design processes to address identified issues across product platforms and collaborate cross-functionally towards debug, root-cause & corrective actions - Translating system requirements to sub-system module and component requirements and collaborate with chipset and system teams - Crafting sophisticated modified hardware, experimental setups, and circuit & system-level simulations to predict, understand risk areas and root cause issues - Defining test methodologies and plans towards meeting NFC industry & performance requirements - Working closely with system validation engineers, tracking validation progress, bringing insight into data, and presenting to senior management
Education & Experience
Master's Degree with 8+ years of relevant experience or PhD with 5+ years of relevant experience is required.