Database Software Engineer - FoundationDB
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 17, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200308606
At Apple, scale is huge and impact is enormous! Join our team and you could contribute to our growing mission that is powering storage behind many of our most popular properties. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what we can do! If you have a real passion for distributed systems and are ready to work with a focused and fun team that brings Foundation-DB technologies to Apple's infrastructure, we'd like to hear from you.
- Strong command of C++ and object-oriented design principles
- Multi-threaded and event-driven programming experience
- A successful track-record or proven aptitude to be a software developer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about independently learning new technologies.
- Ability to design, develop and deploy large scale applications
- Be able to drive a project from a simple idea to an implementation
- A contagious curiosity about distributed systems and how to make them better
- Ability to thrive in a multi-functional team on high profile, critical projects
- Startup spirit to put a dent in the database universe
Consider joining FoundationDB and help craft software which forms the foundation for some of our most exciting Cloud Services products. We are searching for a capable engineer who has an interest in database and scalable systems development. In this highly visible position, you will collaborate with multi-functional engineering teams to define and implement some of the core backend platform frameworks and systems that will power next generation Apple web services. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. We're looking for creative and passionate people to help us bring our visions to fruition.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- While the following skills are not required, possessing one or more would be very helpful in this role:
- * Experience developing databases and distributed systems
- * Experience in performance engineering
- * Experience with RocksDB/LevelDB
- * Experience with kubernetes and kubernetes operator
- * Experience with developing and deploying large-scale service on AWS