EMC Design Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Nov 17, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200311821
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? In this role, you will work as a member of a multi-functional team and will be responsible for design and implementation of EMC solutions on Apple products. You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering quality, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- We are looking for individuals with prior experience and/or proven education in EMC, ESD, RF and signal integrity areas. Ideal candidate has a detailed understanding of design and testing of ITE products for EMC compliance and deep knowledge in EMC/ ESD debug techniques.
- Proficient in schematic and layout review of printed circuit boards (PCBs) for emissions and immunity control
- You are able to perform CAD review of enclosures, connectors, and cables for EMC compliance
- You have a proven track record in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical sources of EMC failures
- You have in-depth knowledge of worldwide EMC regulations, standards and test methods
- You have hands-on experience with emissions and immunity test equipment and EMC chambers
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills and excellent organizational skills
- On day to day basis you will be partnering with our vendors on defining component specifications and validation procedures to meet EMC requirements at the system level. - We have a collaborating culture in our team, and we would like to hear the EMC best practices and lessons learned to ensure first pass success. - We will rely on your technical expertise in preparing comprehensive test plans, supervising execution of test plans and compilation of test reports. Define test requirements and training test engineers on the collection of data at the factories. - Reviewing and analyzing data from DOEs, presenting findings to peers and management and making recommendations on design changes is one of your major responsibilities. - There is a need for occasional travel to international destinations to visit vendors and factory sites.
Education & Experience
- BSEE with atleast 7 years of experience is required. - MSEE/PhD is preferred. - Additional consideration will be given to experience with electromagnetic modeling and simulation tools such as CST, HFSS, ADS and PowerSI. - Experience with Matlab and scripting for test automation and data analysis is a plus