Sr. Project/Program Manager, WW Supply & Demand Planning BPR
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Nov 17, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200313338
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Worldwide Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) team is looking for an experienced supply chain professional to partner with our Supply Chain Planning teams to drive optimization through process, data and technology solutions. This individual will have the opportunity to work on transformational efforts to improve Apple's Supply Chain. The ideal candidate will have deep process re-engineering experience and be self-directed, motivated, and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. Experience optimizing global supply chain, supply & demand planning, and associated technology is preferred. Flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. This individual should also have strong analytical, project management and leadership skills to handle a variety of activities and complexities spanning the organization. You are willing to work at both a very detailed and strategic level.
- 8 - 10 years of global supply chain management experience, preferably in high-tech / consumer electronics / retail industries
- Proven track record of leading strategic programs, combined with the ability to execute at tactical project-level activities and tasks.
- Broad exposure to supply chain management, in particular supply and demand planning processes.
- Strong functional knowledge of Supply Chain Planning tools
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Execution tools and SAP ERP system is a plus
- Proficient knowledge of the systems implementation and development life cycles.
- Good understanding of key master data which in a supply chain planning models.
- Proficient at leading multiple efforts simultaneously in a global capability including working with international teams.
- Proficient knowledge in process mapping and other process analysis techniques.
- Experience leading process improvement / continuous improvement initiatives using best of breed industrial engineering practices.
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrix organization.
- Experience working on projects with teams based outside the US including international engagements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to adapt one's style based on the level of the audience.
- Excellent leadership skills that enhance project team effectiveness.
- Proven ability to lead teams with or without direct reports; natural leader and motivator, lead through influence.
- Relevant project management qualifications preferred such as PMP / Scrum Master certifications.
- Produces work product of the highest quality with minimal review by supervisor.
The candidate will be responsible for leading and identifying business process re-engineering opportunities. This role requires a deep understanding of core operations throughout the supply chain to manage complex, global initiatives supporting a wide range of initiatives. Success requires an individual to think strategically, connecting the dots of the bigger picture, as well as being comfortable in the details of the all key deliverables. Candidates must be self-motivated, comfortable working with minimal direction in a global, fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment. Successful team members are consummate team player capable of working with cross functional business teams to identify improvements and deliver capabilities that will exceed our customers expectations. The candidate should have subject matter expertise in at least one of the functional areas preferably in demand and supply planning and execution, order processing and fulfillment exceptional project management skills, a maniacal attention to detail, and a proven ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Act as an advocate for functional teams to define and deliver solution capabilities (requirements, user-testing, etc.) to support the broader Supply Chain decisioning strategies. 2. Act as a liaison between the functional teams and IS&T (Information Systems and Technology or Apple's IT organization) to ensure that the business requirements are complete and met by the proposed technology solutions. 3. Work with functional stakeholders to define and manage business process and technology roadmaps in support of long-term strategies. 4. Inspire change by implementing new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer- focused approach. 5. Provide functional subject matter expertise and through leadership to help inspire innovation. 6. Apply analytical skills to rationalize change. 7. Lead complex projects to major milestones. Develop project justification proposals, business cases and return on investment estimates; obtain executive approval and funding. 8. Gather and synthesize detailed, global business requirements and design specifications. 9. Facilitate project-related testing, roll-out, training, and post-mortem work. 10. Provide timely updates and elevate critical risks to project, management and senior-executive teams. 11. Addresses escalations, quickly assess and develop root cause analysis and problem solution for operations escalations. 12. Define and implement KPIs for operational metrics. Identify key success measures for projects being implemented.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree required, MS (in relevant fields like Industrial Engineering, Operations Research etc.) or MBA is desired.
- Minimum 10 years in project and program management combined with logistics, supply chain, fulfillment operations, channel management highly preferred. Consulting experience background is helpful.