Sr. Software Engineer, Apple Music, Books, and Podcasts Engineering
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 17, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200312962
- 5+ years of hands on software engineering experience in a meaningful and fast paced environment
- Outstanding development skills in Java or Scala
- Experience working with multi-datacenter distributed systems.
- Experience working with Big Data solutions (e.g. spark, mapreduce, hive, etc.)
- Deep understanding of storage solutions and when to use them (e.g. relational database, Cassandra, Solr, etc.)
- Deep understanding of different data formats (e.g. avro, xml, json, etc) and ETL processes.
- Strong understanding of search and record mapping/matching algorithms.
Be a part of the Digital Supply Chain team for Apple Music, Books, and Podcasts! Our charter is to use a variety of big data and NoSQL solutions to ingest and manage data sets for use within the Apple data ecosystems. We are looking for a software engineer with proven technical skills who is comfortable working with emerging technologies. You will bring excellent written and oral skills. You should have several years of experience developing server-side software using Java and/or Scala. You should also be proficient with Big Data patterns and solutions in an ever-changing environment. The candidate will have the ability to optimally work and communicate technical concepts with all levels of an organization. We're looking for someone to join the team who will take ownership over various features within the Music-Books-Podcasts domain. This will involve writing code in Java and Scala to ingest, manipulate, and serve data for our downstream partners. In addition, we need someone who is comfortable maintaining legacy code as needed, as well as upgrading existing projects to more modern stacks. The ideal candidate will be someone who can evaluate when to work within the existing architecture and design patterns, and when to propose new solutions.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.