User Experience Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 17, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200312876
The Core Display Incubation team is looking for a user experience engineer to join a team of multi-talented engineers building future-looking display prototypes. The job consists of leveraging novel display technologies to build experience prototypes and help set the future direction of the Display HW organization. The ideal candidate has a mix of technical and artistic abilities to work with the team to build compelling user experiences. Hands-on experience with hardware is highly desired, with any background in electrical engineering also a huge plus.
- Proven track record in hardware prototyping
- Proficiency in one or more programming language (MATLAB, Python, Swift, etc)
- Portfolio of creative work, including successful projects & prototypes, is a big plus
- Experience with EE, designing FPGA boards, or equivalent, is a big plus
- Strong communication skills for working with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Build experience prototypes that help inform the future direction of Apple displays, sensing, and other new hardware - Develop next generation computational display algorithms and machine learning models to enable outstanding visual quality on display systems - Collaborate with multi-functional teams and provide strong leadership and expertise for initiating new projects and development via incubation teams - Be able to chip in to and lead technology development and productization
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in computer science, imaging science, electrical engineering, or equivalent.