Display Software Engineer
San Diego , California , United States
Posted: Nov 17, 2021
Role Number: 200314447
Apple's Sr. Display SW Engineer is a terrific position for someone passionate about tech- nology. Be part of the Display Technology team that fosters a collaborative environment with cre- ative talents that build world-class products and cutting edge technologies. Our team pro- vides opportunities for individuals to contribute across a wide spectrum of disciplines. En- gineering excellence and thoroughness are expected and encouraged. Innovation, IP and patent creation are highly supported and valued. The Display Technology team's main goals are to constantly push the envelope to design and ship innovative products with best-in-class technologies and user experiences.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++/Objective-C/Swift/Python
- Experience with utilization of HW & Instrument SDKs or develop SW drivers
- Experience developing GUI software interfacing with HW/FW sub-systems
- Experiences in building standalone GUI SW tools
- Knowledge in one or more of following areas:
- Display graphics drivers and pipeline, display characterization, display calibration/test
- Application or firmware development in macOS or unix environments
- Common interfaces for optical instrument, e.g. CCD/CMOS camera, spectrophotometers, colorimeter etc.
- Color science and data analytics
- Experience with SW engineering methodologies, SW development cycle, processes, and tools
- Direct hands-on experience working with display hardware components (CDIC, TCON) or display products (OLED, LCD, and LED) having a strong passion and interest in this area
- Strong problem solving skills; positive outlook and eagerness to step into uncharted technology spaces while being able to engineer solutions to meet project timelines
- Ability to own areas of responsibility, being able to self-motivate and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills; clear technical communication with teammates
- The position requires some international travel (up to 15%, after pandemic is over)
You will be responsible for designing and developing software for calibrating, characteriz- ing, and testing display modules and components for Apple products. You will work on building user-level software interfacing with various hardware components such as cam- era, lasers, electrical driving boards, fixture controllers etc. Through unit testing you will partner with system engineers to integrate the software package into a complete solution package during New Product Introduction (NPI) stage.
? Develop macOS SW interfacing with various HW systems utilizing common communica- tion interfaces such as SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, USB and instrument-specific SDKs
? Develop automation software and test sequences that control optical instruments, elec- tronics driving boards, fixture controllers, and display modules.
? Work with system engineers to deploy software and analytical tools for industry-leading calibration and metrology methodology and solutions
Education & Experience
Masters or Ph.D. with 2+ years of industry experience in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Electrical Engineering.