Instructional Assistant in Environmental Science
Exclusive to Environmental Science, under the direction of the faculty, provides instruction to students in scheduled laboratory.
- Bachelor's Degree in Oceanography, Environmental Science, Geology, Meteorology or related field or in limited circumstances, the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Related work experience desirable.
- Expertise in handling and treatment of harmful chemicals, substances and equipment specific to the lab they work in, as appropriate, required
- Demonstrated ability to work with students of varying ages, cultures, and knowledge base. Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas, principles and concepts effectively in individual or small group settings.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills at an intermediate level including ability to utilize and apply Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as specialized software programs and computer applications essential to the learning process e.g. the College's Learning Management System and ERP (Colleague).
- Knowledge of information research strategies. Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with staff and faculty.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to facilitate discussion and learning in individual, small group, and lab/instructional settings.
- Fluency in a second language may be required.
- Discipline specific skills test may be required.
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed.
- Knowledge of Monmouth County and its communities preferred.
For complete information on duties, qualifications and to apply, please click apply!