Forester - Darrington
Hampton Lumber is a family-owned forest products business headquartered in Portland, Oregon, employing about 1,600 people primarily in Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia. Hampton owns approximately 140,000 acres of U.S. timberland, managed on a sustainable basis, certified through the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, and nine sawmills in Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia with normal lumber production capacity in excess of 2.2 billion board feet.
Hampton Lumber is looking to hire a Forester. The ideal candidate will be involved in timber sale acquisition, contract administration and quality control. It will consist of 80% fieldwork and 20% office work. The position will be based out of our Darrington, Washington office. The work area will be in Washington as well as Oregon. This is a fulltime position offering competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Generous company-paid assistance for Medical and Dental insurance premiums; cost-effective co-pays & deductibles. Vision, Short Term Disability, Roth and pre-tax 401k, with a 2% company match and an additional 5% annual employer contribution, fully vested after three years.
Detailed responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Timber cruising
- Quality control
- Timber sale appraisal
- Road construction appraisal
- Contract negotiations
- Timber sale administration
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) participation
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent PC skills using Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and related forestry software tools
- Practice safe work habits and comply with all company work and safety standards
- Proven customer service, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Strong work ethic, maintain high personal and professional standards of focus and dedication to work
- Ability to work with team members from varied levels and functional backgrounds focusing on Hampton Core Values
- Willingness to embrace change while striving for continuous improvement
- Assertive and responsible, while exemplifying the highest level of ethics, honesty and integrity
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to anticipate opportunities and provide practical solutions
- Self-starter with the ability to take on additional responsibility and develop their own agenda
- Continue education for professional improvement
- Associates degree in Forestry or Higher
- Bachelor degree preferred, job experience considered
More About Us
Learn more at hamptonlumber.com, or follow us on Facebook: @HamptonLumber. You can also learn about our company and our priorities by visiting our blog.
Hampton Lumber is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.