Truliant at Work Financial Education Officer - Bilingual Preferred
Purpose of the Job
The Truliant at Work (TAW) Financial Education Officer is responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of the financial wellness education program within a portfolio of current Business Partners (BP) within an assigned geographic area. This includes conducting on-site seminars and workshops, one-on-one coaching and overall relationship development and penetration growth of these BPs while utilizing strategic planning and sales skills to ensure all short term and long term growth objectives are met within specific timelines.
The Financial Education Officer serves as the financial wellness expert helping BP's employees improve their wellness through financial education activities including seminars and workshops at - BP sites. Builds brand equity and promotes new membership through on-site financial wellness activities at assigned companies and participation in professional networking and community events. Work involves delivering financial capability instruction, incorporating behavioral economics, facilitating interactive and robust discussions and ongoing cultivation of BP relationships. Additional responsibilities may include participation in financial literacy workshops and seminars in the community, strategic planning initiatives, team meetings, and internal partner outreach to increase awareness, support, and referrals from area Business Partners.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with TAW Development and Relationship Officers to identify and provide opportunities for to provide financial education to existing partners in the areas including, but not limited to, credit, homeownership, savings/budgeting and financial digital literacy. Ensures strong level of visibility and access to employees by providing education and training that enhances the financial wellness of BP employees.
- Researches, evaluates and builds the financial education curriculum, learning the content and becoming Truliant's SME on financial coaching using the curriculum chosen and/or developed. Responsible for working with TAW financial education curriculum vendor and for training others to be familiar with these materials.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes all aspects of BP on-site workshops and webinars to promote benefit offering and drive participation within sponsor companies, including logistics, scheduling, outside vendors, and marketing materials.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the BPs financial literacy components of the financial wellness plan which includes research of each specific audience, collaboration with the TAW Relationship Officer and BP representative to select curriculum, management of curriculum development and delivery.
- Evaluates surveys and feedback on financial education activities with the ability to identify appropriate techniques, content and learning strategies to utilize in order to increase the financial literacy and wellness of existing BPs employees.
- Maintains Business Partner information in department database to ensure it is current and correct.
- Demonstrates the ability to motivate, inspire and meaningfully connect with program participants to modify their behavior and influence outcomes that lead to more financially stable and resilient outcomes.
- Responsible for research, development, implementation and making adjustments to presentation materials that support Truliant financial wellness curriculum including use of financial counseling and education service vendor resources and preparing exhibits and literature used to develop various financial wellness strategies for employer groups.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of instructional techniques and technology skills in order to determine the audio/visual and room set up needs for the education session.
- Works as a consultant with MFC's to drive membership and services growth in other areas via planning and conducting financial wellness activities including seminars within the communities they serve.
- Supports generation of new business opportunities through referrals with current BPs and other professional networking groups and research of local business market to identify right-fit prospects.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have persuasive and compelling presentation and facilitation skills
- Must be detail oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must have proven ability to coordinate multiple events and meetings simultaneously
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must have the ability to work with people at different job levels ranging from Senior managers to front line employees
- Must have excellent computer skills, with basic knowledge of the MS Office suite of products
- Must have ability to understand all business processes within the Credit Union
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as required
- Must be able to complete all assignments with minimal supervision
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to Truliant's members
- Occasional standing for long periods of time, walking long distances, bending, and stooping required
- Occasional to Frequent travel required, outside normal business hours as needed
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 40 pounds
Education and Background
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in teaching, financial education, financial literacy or related field required
- Knowledge of educational training techniques required
- Previous experience in financial services/business development related field preferred
- Previous teaching experience helpful
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful
Charlotte, NC - Charlotte, NC 28202 US (Primary)