Job Title: Hispanic Development Specialist I (Digital Marketing/Fundraising)
Reports to: Hispanic Development Manager
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS' relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are seeking a candidate who can create, implement and promote campaigns that will engage Hispanic prospects and donors in CRS' charitable giving efforts that support the mission of CRS.
The primary responsibility of the Hispanic Development Specialist is to project manage and execute community and digital campaigns for the Hispanic constituency in the U.S. in English and in Spanish. The candidate will manage the production of these efforts and keep projects on deadline. The ideal candidate will possess excellent writing skills in English and Spanish, sharp organization and multi-tasking abilities and adept at meeting deadlines. The applicant should be able to think creatively and write in an engaging style and be willing to research and try different techniques to test response/engagement. S/he will record/analyze results and monthly revenue reports.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in written and oral Spanish and possess knowledge of the U.S. Hispanic market as well as familiarity with direct response fundraising, digital marketing and/or community outreach. S/he will work within the Annual Giving team and closely with the Hispanic Engagement Unit to leverage and maximize efforts to engage Hispanic prospects and donors in CRS' fundraising efforts, with an overall goal of increasing the number of Hispanic donors over the long term.
- At the direction of the Hispanic Development Manager, implement strategies to engage Hispanic prospects and donors via community & digital channels, cultivate relationships and integrate giving into the donor relationship when timing is appropriate. The candidate will determine when these materials should be created in Spanish, English or be Bilingual.
- Work with other Fundraising Units, Content, and MarCom on the production of donor acquisition and retention campaigns, content creation (including email copy, landing pages, ad copy, video scripts and other marketing materials) and delivery/execution. Work closely with the Hispanic Marketing Manager/Web Unit and Communications Officer, Hispanic Outreach to ensure promotion on crsespanol.org and related social & traditional media channels.
- Work with the Analytics Team to develop methods to identify, track and measure Hispanic affinity and preferences, for prospecting and segmentation for targeted campaigns to different subsets of Hispanic constituents. Review reports measuring campaign effectiveness, and share analysis with appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop relationships in the local Hispanic community, which may include attending and supporting events as CRS representative (post-covid it is felt safe to do so). Research and develop new programs for individuals and community groups who are seeking to engage and fundraise on behalf of CRS. Monitor existing programs and determine needs for Spanish language materials.
- Represent Charitable Giving in cross-divisional initiatives with other units such as Mission and Mobilization, Advocacy and MarCom. Attend activities and events related to Hispanic prospect/donor outreach and engagement. Attend monthly Email Communications Working Group meetings.
- Assist in advising and providing feedback during the creation of Hispanic marketing and fundraising campaigns when requested. Identify ways to improve messaging to appeal and be relevant to Hispanic audiences.
- Stay informed of professional trends and issues affecting Hispanic fundraising, digital fundraising and community engagement.
- Process invoices and keep accurate records of expenditures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships
Internal: All Fundraising Units as well as Mission and Mobilization, Editorial, Donor Services, Data Analytics, MarCom and Advocacy.
External: Community groups and individual donors & prospects. Vendors and consultants as needed.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field
- 2-3 years of experience with Hispanic marketing and/or fundraising
- Understanding of and comfort level with interacting with diverse Hispanic constituencies
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written in English and Spanish
- Ability to travel occasionally and to work at special events, which may sporadically take place in the evenings or on weekends (when it is considered safe to do so.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A deep understanding of the U.S. Hispanic audience and culture.
- Experience with Fundraising/Marketing concepts.
- Conceptual thinker with good writing and editing skills in both English and Spanish, and a willingness to learn techniques to write in a way that maximizes response for a Hispanic audience.
- Solid team player with strong time management skills, detail-oriented and ability to work under deadlines with grace and good humor.
- Ability to speak, write and present information clearly in English and Spanish.
- Willingness to learn about and adapt to new fundraising strategies.
- Requires minimal supervision with strong decision-making and negotiating skills.
- Eagerness to increase knowledge of fundraising and the Hispanic market as well as donor/consumer psychology.
- Knowledge of the structures and social teachings of the Catholic Church.
Willingness to learn the depth and breadth of CRS' programs Hispanic Development Specialist I (Digital Marketing/Fundraising)
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people - especially children and vulnerable adults - to live free from abuse and harm.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Catholic Relief Services
Nov 18, 2021, 1:04:49 PM
Public Relations Specialists
2 to 3 years