Location: Devens - Massachusetts
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be part of a team responsible for the successful design and development of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems and sub-systems for Rockwell Automation at Devens facility. This position is responsible for analyzing & designing mechanical components and electro-mechanical systems which are incorporated into new Product lines for the Motion Control Business under the Functional Managers and Project Managers. You will also be responsible for the analysis of a product development project, using capabilities in the analysis, design, scheduling of tasks, and assessment of costs. You will also participate in generating design specifications for products and directing activities to support execution of those designs.
- Analyze tasks and be a technical contributor in the cost-effective implementation of tasks, assuming responsibility and accountability for the timely completion of the tasks.
- Responsible for design, and development of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical sub-systems.
- Applies strong analytical and problem-solving methodologies including modeling and simulations (mathematical and numerical) aimed at guaranteed-by-design implementation.
- Implements best practices in design methodologies, development processes and tools.
- Utilizes novel software tools to refine complex mechanical or electromechanical designs.
- Assists in defining design inputs, creating specifications, authoring testing protocols, conduct and/or oversee testing, and issue resolution.
- Collaborate with internal teams, clients, and third parties.
- Understand and practice laboratory procedures for the safe and efficient use of electronic instrumentation, electrical power, rotating electrical machinery, and general laboratory cleanliness.
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including specification, design, prototyping, validation, and testing
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or in engineering discipline
- Up to 10% Travel
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, prototyping, and testing of precision mechanical products; advanced degree is plus
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and fundamentals including design principles, materials, fabrication methods.
- Understanding of engineering tolerance and error budgets, knowledge of GD&T
- Proficient in 3D solid modeling using CAD, ProE / Creo or Solidworks
- Experience with thermal, structural, and flow analysis using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) techniques
- Problem resolution skills applied to providing solutions involving new design and assembly techniques, technologies, and concepts
- Proficient in defining requirements, release of documentation, and technical writing. Effective communication skills are key to success in this position
- Demonstrated knowledge of the fundamentals of Mechanical design and track record of creating and delivering innovative solutions.
- Expert understanding of fabrication technologies, castings, Plastics, Sheetmetal,
- Demonstrated Experience with ANSYS FEA and CFD analysis tools, DFSS, tolerance stack analysis, and Six Sigma tools is preferred.
- Hands-on skills coupled with an instinct for experimentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).