Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements
Do you have a passion to take raw ingredients and reimagine them into something someone appreciates and finds delicious?
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef at Forest Hill Manor, a beautiful, high-end retirement community located in an elegantly renovated historic Hotel in Pacific Grove, California. Forest Hill Manor offers full service retirement in the perfect picturesque setting with views of the ocean and Monterey Bay. We are looking for an experienced Executive Chef that will bring culinary creations to life. In this hands on role, you'll use your innovation, creativity and skill to develop menus for all dining experiences.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for the creation and development of innovative, inventive and ground-breaking menus;
- continuously update industry knowledge on current food trends and ingredients, making sure they lead the way in innovation and originality;
- direct and supervise kitchen operations and designated back of house staff;
- control and ensure financial targets are achieved by consistently looking at ways of maximizing income, through efficient and effective purchasing, via nominated suppliers and creative merchandising;
- ensure that the highest possible standards of food handling and preparation are achieved;
- engage with peers, colleagues and patrons in a manner that invites interaction and feedback.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- possess a culinary degree;
- are experienced in high quality cuisine, ideally to Rosette or Michelin standard;
- have commercial acumen and a good level of computer literacy;
- are enthusiastic, confident and warm;
- have a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail
Learn more about Forest Hill Manor
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.