Senior Editorial Manager, Live Sports
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 17, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200313355
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gravitate in order to do their best work. Together, we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have imagined - and now can't imagine living without. Are you an experienced editorial leader who drives live sports content curation and programming at a major broadcaster or digital platform? Are you as addicted to last night's box scores as you are the tectonics that shape the sports business landscape on a daily basis? If so, please consider joining the Apple TV team as our senior editorial manager for live sports, responsible for overseeing how some of the most exciting stories in live television are told on our platform.
- 10+ years of experience in an editorial programming capacity focused on live sports, as both an individual contributor and manager.
- Extensive experience in, knowledge of, and passion for sports, both domestically and internationally, as an editor and a consumer.
- Deep knowledge of the broader television business, from content creation to distribution.
- Fluency with the Apple TV app customer experience across its current VOD and live sports offerings.
- Exacting attention to detail and outstanding communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills; adaptive to data.
- Effective and encouraging teammate, able to thrive in and perpetuate a highly collaborative environment.
- Exceptional ability to independently break down complex problems and evaluate possible solutions.
- Experience developing and evolving digital tools and processes.
- Flexibility to work nights and/or weekends, as the live sports schedule requires.
As our senior editorial manager for live sports, you will be responsible for defining and maintaining a dynamic and always-relevant editorial presence for sports programming across the Apple TV app, as well as planning for and managing minute-to-minute presentation of all of the live sporting events the platform merchandizes. Cross-functional collaboration with our internal teams - engineering, marketing, operations, analytics, production, design, and more - to continually evolve Apple's live sports product will be essential. Our goal is to exceed both Apple's own standards and the expectations of passionate sports fans around the world.
Education & Experience