Licensing & Research Specialist, Music Publishing
Culver City , California , United States
Posted: Nov 17, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200314432
The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries! It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! We're growing and urge you to apply. We Believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most passionate creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
- Able to identify requisite music rights and seek clearances accordingly.
- Knowledge of digital music metadata, copyright data structure, identifiers, is a strong plus.
- Accuracy and thorough attention to detail; able to follow defined processes.
- Outstanding organizational skills; the ability to deliver to a tight timeframe whilst maintaining quality of work.
- Able to collaborate closely with multiple teams, both internally and externally.
- Resourcefulness in pursuing accurate granular data whilst also seeing the big picture and being comfortable with a level of ambiguity
- Excel proficient, familiar with streaming music and Apple products/services.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in licensing or contract administration roles within the music or entertainment industry, ideally within music publishers, film/television studios and/or digital music services.
Apple is seeking a music licensing specialist to support Apple's Services (Apple Fitness+, Apple Music). The ideal candidate is someone that is adept at understanding complex music data in order to research and accurately log copyright information within internal systems and has the communication and negotiation skills to collaborate with publishing partners and songwriters when music clearances are needed with a particular emphasis on synchronization rights.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related industry experience.