Product Manager, Payments
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 18, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200312697
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gravitate in order to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have imagined - and now can't imagine living without. If you're excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job! The Payments product team is looking for a Product Manager to define and drive new product initiatives focusing on improving and innovating the payments experience in Apple's digital storefronts and services e.g. App Store, iTunes, Apple TV+, Fitness +, Apple Books and more. In this role you will ideate, draft and shape new payment features and closely collaborate with Engineering, Analytics, Business Development, Legal, and many other cross functional teams across Apple. Payments should be exciting for you. You get ecommerce, app economy, payments and ongoing financial services evolution. You should combine technical fluency, a strong sense of user experience, tact and business insight. You should be able to simplify complex concepts, articulate and explain your thoughts affectively, question to gain insights and understand different point of views. You are very proficient leveraging data and details. This is a full-time role located in our Cupertino, CA headquarters.
- 5+ years of experience in consumer payments space
- Strong technical background, ability to dive into the technical details - hands on with diving into data - basic queries, analysis, reporting
- You 'enjoy' details but know how to balance between big picture and details.
- You are hands on with data - queries, analysis, reporting
- Understanding of technical platforms / Engineering cycle would be a plus
- You are skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence; translating between business owners and technical teams.
- You have excellent communication skills. Including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple audiences and partners, including the ability to explain analytical outcomes and technical roadblocks in business terms.
- You have strong presentation skills, ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization.
- You work well under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- You are results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to take on challenges while maintaining and even keep and sense of humor.
- You have familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, iTunes, Apple Pay, Apple TV, etc.)
Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop strategic product and feature roadmaps. Build payments product features, new concepts by analyzing market trends, competition initiatives and /or regulatory changes. Be the internal evangelist, build consensus with executives, colleagues, and third parties. Define detailed use cases intended for engineering and design. Represent business interests during design and development phases. Work with program management to communicate project status, resolve issues, and ensure that high quality products are delivered on time. Develop launch plans, ensure readiness of the various business partners. Measure and report on the efficacy of initiatives and develop action plans accordingly. Help with problem resolution.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Business, Computer Science, or equivalent required