Data Analytics Software Engineer
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 18, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200313016
The CoreMotion team has created innovative ways for users to improve their health with their devices through motion. When you exercise and move with your devices, it's the work of engineers and scientists on this team. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Join our CoreMotion team and enrich lives by shipping software that motivates fitness goals, improves health, and enhances the way customers interact with our products!
- Background in one or more of the following domains: time-series analysis, signal processing, sensor fusion, statistics, health & fitness.
- Proficient at coding in Python and/or Matlab
- Proficient at data analysis, data visualization, and reporting
- Familiarity building data pipelines for large-scale data processing
- Experience working with databases (SQL/NoSQL), comfortable with query languages and designing tables, views, indices, familiarity with AWS services/API such as S3 is a plus
- Familiarity testing hardware and/or testing software (including designing, implementing and executing test plans) is a plus
- Detail-oriented, able to find bugs, investigate & debug issues, and drive solutions to difficult problems
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, self-motivated, laser-focused, and solution-oriented
In this role, you will be highly involved in driving design data quality and algorithm performance to develop our next generation of Health and Fitness features. This includes evaluating large user study datasets, design reviews, algorithm testing, bug reporting and triaging. Key responsibilities of this role are: - Challenge the design and implementation of the algorithm - Design and perform analytics for algorithm verification and validation - Create automated monitoring and quality assurance metrics to constantly track feature performance - Profile, process, and evaluate large structured and unstructured datasets - Participate and present in user study review, code review, and data review - Communicate with upstream (e.g. hardware) and downstream (e.g. app) stakeholders to drive end-to-end user experience of the feature.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Passionate about health and fitness technologies