Knox County Hospital is a 14-bed Critical Access Hospital in rural north-central Texas. Apply today and join a hometown healthcare team that is dedicated to serving others.
Shift: Nights (7pm 7am) / Two days on and two off
Knox County Hospital District offers an excellent compensation package with a competitive salary and benefits inclusive of medical, retirement, life, and PTO.
The ideal RN candidate is a clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who delivers care to patients through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation. The candidate will be able to effectively interact with patients and family members as well as others on the health care team while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
Functions Registered Nurse (RN)
- Provide the best possible nursing care by planning, organizing, and directing the nursing functions of patients.
- Initiate and implement patient plan of care
- Make nursing assignments appropriate to the skill level of employees.
- Maintain acceptable standards of patient care.
- Identify problems and guide personnel to their solution.
- Create a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction of personnel.
- Accurately and promptly implement physicians orders.
- Administer medications and intravenous solutions skillfully and correctly.
- Maintain the standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting.
- Perform chart checks at the end of 24 hours.
- Arrange to have needed supplies and equipment on hand.
- Participate in planning changes and improvements.
- Maintain a professional approach with confidentiality.
- Participate in hospital safety programs.
- Supports and enforces infection control policies and procedures.
- Keeps Director of Nursing informed of patient needs and problems.
- Participate in orientation and training.
- Treat patients with courtesy and respect.
- Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical staff, other departments, and visitors.
- Is responsible for Emergency Room, Acute Care, Observation, Outpatient and Swing Bed patients.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current licensure in the State of Texas
- Must be certified in BLS and re-certify biannually.
- Must obtain certification in TNCC, ACLS, PALS, ENPC and keep them current.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.