- This role is a client facing role managing our high value clients where professionalism, client focus and a broad understanding of the fundamentals of wealth planning are critical to the success of the business. The role holder has a responsibility to acquire, develop, advise, and retain a portfolio of Wealth clients, working with the broader branch and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance measures and plan (as defined by Retail Banking & Wealth Management (RBWM)). The role holder will represent HSBC Securities (USA) Inc., HSBC Bank USA, N.A. and HSBC Insurance Agency (USA) Inc. This will be achieved by active management of portfolio of Wealth clients, it will also entail regularly updating and analyzing client financial information to identify lending, and wealth solutions that are suitable to meet the client's needs, advising the client on a variety of potential lending and wealth solutions, and encouraging client loyalty by addressing their needs either directly or through other internal business partners. Mortgage to be referred to appropriate Mortgage staff. Bank products to be referred to appropriate Premier Relationship Manager.
- This position provides financial solutions (appropriate with securities registration, insurance and state licenses) to current and potential Wealth customers through the services and products of RBWM. The Financial Consultants are assigned Wealth clients and are expected to seek opportunities to attract, develop and retain these clients and expand the portfolio of clients by providing wealth and lending solutions. The identification of opportunities for wealth reviews and delivering suitable wealth solutions as a Financial Consultant are amongst the key activities to achieve goals and in compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for the investment performance of portfolio of clients - need to ensure it is effectively managed in adherence to the Target Operating Model (TOM) as defined by HSBC Group.
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, related field or equivalent experience.
- Series 7, 63, 65 or 66 (in lieu of 63 and 65) and life and health insurance licenses.
- Minimum of three years proven nontraditional banking financial sales experience or equivalent.
- Evidence of strong client recommendation and sales results in wealth products.
- Equivalent relationship management experience in managing high net worth client portfolios preferred.
- Expert knowledge in wealth planning and wealth products.
- Sound knowledge of the impact of macroeconomics/microeconomics/local market developments.
- Expert knowledge of external regulatory framework relevant to wealth management.
- If internal, in-depth understanding of HSBC Global House Views.
- Strong client focus and ability to develop long term partnerships with clients.
- Ability to deliver needs-based solutions through effective communication, influencing, and sales skills.
- Local regulatory & license requirements - job holder should possess valid licenses with accreditation on wealth management and qualification as required by country.
- Clear view on how to work with Compliance, Credit & Risk and Internal Control to ensure a balanced risk operating environment.
- Strong sales, analytical, decision-making, interpersonal, leadership and communications skills.
- Relationship management experience with affluent clients.
- Strong technical skills in wealth management.
- Proven client focus and influencing skills.
- Proven networking and portfolio management skills.
- Sound knowledge of financial industry products & services, and client relationship management systems.
- Understanding of banking client segment and products and services.
- Strong knowledge of investment products and services delivered, operations supporting them and pertinent regulations affecting their delivery.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.