Outreach & Retention Coordinator - Engineering (grant-funded)
$19.98 - $22.85 Hourly
School of Science & Mathematics
8:00-5:00 Monday through Friday; some evenings and Saturdays as needed
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Coordinate outreach, retention, program development, and career guidance efforts for Engineering and Engineering Technology related disciplines with an emphasis on marketing, presentations, recruitment, enrollments, student success, job placement, and industry and transfer partnerships.
1. Develop objectives and performance outcome measures that are assessed quarterly and annually.
2. Develop and implement a marketing and recruitment plan that includes outreach to current and prospective students, area high school counselors, regional industries, Workforce Development offices, industry organizations, and workforce employees.
3. Provide leadership in the development and implementation of best practices-based student orientation and retention strategies to assist and support student success, enrollment, and program completion.
4. Work collaboratively with the Dean, faculty, STEM departments, Workforce Development, college services, and advisory committees in the development of recruitment, orientation, and retention strategies.
5. Develop and maintain marketing materials and websites.
6. Collect and organize occupational data to provide source materials for prospective students, parents, teachers, and counselors.
7. Coordinate and conduct information sharing sessions at area high schools, career fairs, College events, and industry facilities. Develop ongoing marketing contacts with area industry organizations and student assistance programs.
8. Assist students with enrollment and provide follow up to ensure the completion of the registration process.
9. Develop client contacts and student databases for ongoing follow-up and communication.
10. Coordinate transfer and career-related workshops and training sessions to assist students in obtaining successful internships, transfer, and employment. Assist TCC job placement centers by acting as a clearinghouse for prospective employers and a referral service for qualified graduates seeking employment.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Marketing, or a related field
Three years of related experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Philosophy compatible with that of an urban community college.
Experience in higher education.
Marketing and/or sales experience.
Experience with Microsoft Office 365.