Health Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 19, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200314460
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other's ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. The Health Strategic Initiatives team is seeking a Program Manager who will be responsible for leading complex multi-functional work streams to ensure flawless product delivery. You will provide thought-leadership for your project and combine a strong eye for business, commercial, and technical considerations with an ability to communicate meaningful information to key stakeholders.
- - 5+ years experience in program and project management.
- - Excellent written and presentation skills - able to communicate effectively with engineers, business partners and senior leadership.
- - Excellent understanding of managing work streams including but not limited to marketing, engineering, customer service, user experience, etc. Respond quickly when a change in direction or plan is identified.
- - Ability to identify dependencies between work streams and escalate when needed. This includes timing implications, prioritization, risks, and budgets.
- - Understands how to phase work into a manageable release schedule and communicate to teams involved.
- - Have strong leadership presence and the ability to establish relationships with deeply technical people as well as other functional teams.
- - Willing to consider travel when needed to interact with partners.
- - Prior experience in engineering program management a plus.
The Health Strategic Initiatives team develops transformative consumer-facing health experiences with Apple partners. We are searching for a creative and self-motivated program management professional who has 5+ years of experience working in a complex, fast-moving consumer-facing product development environment and has worked on confidential projects and product launches to join us. The primary responsibility will be for the delivery of complex multi-functional products for the Health Strategic Initiatives team and managing the overall portfolio. You will effectively interface between engineers, product owners, UX, and engineering project managers to help teams maximize their effectiveness. You will understand and articulate the business and technical implications of decisions that are being made by their project teams, while leading senior partner relationships to ensure successful program delivery. There may be some efforts to support engineering release planning and ensuring coordination across multiple engineering teams. Flexibility is required to ensure that you will be effective. Having experience working on consumer product development is a requirement. As a Program Manager, you will be expected to actively engage in project management as well as strategic planning for the overall group.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience PMP, MBA A PLUS Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.