Software Engineer, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 19, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200312908
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Imagine what you could do here! Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Pay Server team is a rare engineering group within Apple. We provide critical services for the company across every product line. From manufacturing to customer facing, our services span across the entire lifecycle of most Apple hardware and services. By designing and implementing services that are tightly coupled with hardware, we support the ongoing need to improve security of customer's sensitive data (financial or otherwise) and privacy. Many of our services are seen in the iOS Security Guide and are publicly discussed on Internet forums.
- We are looking for 6+ years experience in server software programming using Java
- We want you to have passion for creating the highest quality software
- We want you to have outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- We are seeking experienced in designing & developing highly scalable applications
- Believes in and practices test-driven development
- Strong communication, collaboration & interpersonal skills
- Experience/understanding of security & cryptography is a plus
Imagine the freedom of a startup with the funding and laser focus of the most valuable company in the world! As a senior software engineer on the Apple Pay Server team: - You will participate in initiatives that are essential to the success of upcoming product launches and Product security initiatives. - You will participate and collaborate to solve complex problems with the opportunity to invent innovative solutions - You will work for a company where you will have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - You will develop the next generation of cloud support that powers Apple Pay - You will be responsible for designing and developing large scale platforms that can support future Apple Pay functionality - You will have the opportunity to explore and contribute to a wide range of technologies - You will work collaboratively with Apple's iOS Engineering team, NFC team, security team, and external partners to define the next hot feature of Apple Pay
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Multifaceted, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. You will be part of building an extraordinary team. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.