Software Quality Engineer, Apple Pay
Raleigh , North Carolina , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 19, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200314521
At Apple, new ideas become extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Imagine the possibilities when your passion is applied to enriching the lives of your friends, family, and Apple Pay users around the world. Your life's best work could be an interview away. The Apple Pay team is looking for a creative and motivated Software Quality Engineer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. Join a dynamic team who pride themselves in qualifying the best-in-class contactless experience for accessing vehicles, homes, schools, hotels and resorts. We have the rare and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight millions of users every day.
- Thrives while focusing on the details, such as spotting subtle problems in mobile software applications
- Knowledgeable and curious about how software applications function beneath the user interface
- Able to apply creativity and analytical thinking to all kinds of problems, such test case creation and execution
- Expertise communicating clearly and concisely
- Strong organizational skills enabling both independent and team work
As Apple Pay Software Quality Engineers, we work closely with software engineers, external partners, and other quality engineers to guide new features from inception to release, as well as ensure existing features meet our customer's expectations in each software release. Job functions include: - Testing new and existing features on pre-release software and hardware to find problems before they impact our users - Triaging difficult problems and driving them to resolution, in an effort to make the user experience phenomenal - Working with client, server, and partner engineering teams to identify software requirements and develop test plans - Defining test coverage, creating and maintaining test cases, reporting test results, and evaluating readiness to ship - Developing testing tools and automation - Leaving our mark on each product release with an aim to surprise and delight users
Education & Experience
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.